Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 No spark at all, and very suddenly- QM125-2D 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi, bike went dead ^^ after succesfully installed and tested the regulator and stator. It was started ok, test went good, but the next morning it was dead.

Starter spins the engine good, no problem there, but didn't want to start at all. Not with bump start even.

Since i didn't wanted to screw around the spark plug installed, I took off the lead, and used a brand new plug I ordered for the bike, same model as the one inside the engine, to put in firmly into the spark plug lead.

I press the starter, but no spark present at all while spinning the engine. No matter that I keep touching it to metal.
    At the end I even touched the plug's end, but no pain ^^ while pressing the starter, yep, positively no spark.

I took off the tank, took a look at the wiring, but I see no obvious faults. I made a little order there, to make sure no wires and no connections tense, etc., and without the tank I tested the spark again, but no spark at all.

I disconnected the sidestand killswitch, and connected the bullet-sockets into eachother, but still no spark. I don't think my main killswitch is the problem, as I never use it, always on, and the night before my spark was gone it was alright- bike didn't moved since.

How can I test things further, to pinpoint what is the problem?

I have only a multimeter, some hand tools, and that's it.

Can you help me find the cause of the missing spark?

2. #2 Re: No spark at all, and very suddenly- QM125-2D 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ah, forget it- found, after very careful inspection, that altough the white cubic plastic connectorhead of the new stator unit seemed securely connected, inside of it it was faulty.

Wasn't visible, I just checked every small wire that was connected to it, and found that I can pull out O_o one of the wires together with the copper end... I fiddled a little with that cheap plastic head, and managed to make it stick.

Now the pickup coil's message is ACTUALLY reaching the CDI, so it DOES produce a spark. ...

I would say sorry, but it wasn't visible at all- had to find it. And also I can't delete the thread :( but maybe someone can benefit from this, as sometimes the secure white plastic connectors ARE defective, and have to play with them to fix them.

3. #3 Re: No spark at all, and very suddenly- QM125-2D 
    Quote Originally Posted by Packleader View Post
    Ah, forget it- found, after very careful inspection, that altough the white cubic plastic connectorhead of the new stator unit seemed securely connected, inside of it it was faulty.

Wasn't visible, I just checked every small wire that was connected to it, and found that I can pull out O_o one of the wires together with the copper end... I fiddled a little with that cheap plastic head, and managed to make it stick...
    Lesson learned... Compatibles NOT always the SAME quality. Trustable (very few in theseday...) independant bike mechanic in China use OKish brand's parts (words by month) ONLY. Fleabay/ importer ALWAYS stocks the cheapest SHiT...
    Last edited by humanbeing; 03-27-2016 at 10:12 AM.