Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 I fought the law and the law LOST 
    Remember last year I started a thread about taking the PSB to court for giving me a ticket for driving in Ningbo City.. ?

A lot of discussion started and I received a lot of abuse. The thread was eventually closed because of this.

I'd just like to tell you that today, the Zhenhai Court upheld my claim that Ningbo, Jiangbei Public Security Traffic Division had acted illegally in giving me a ticket for entering Ningbo "city" centre.

China is changing. The law is being applied to one and all. If you know you are not guilty, the choice you can make is to let a judge make the right decision.

This is a massive victory, not just for me but for all bikers in China. From my bitter experience I have with the courts here I did not expect even to be heard.. Well. they cancelled my fine and the three points..

So for all of you who laughed at me. I'd just like to say thanks..

2. #2 Re: I fought the law and the law LOST 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsims View Post
    Remember last year I started a thread about taking the PSB to court for giving me a ticket for driving in Ningbo City.. ?

A lot of discussion started and I received a lot of abuse. The thread was eventually closed because of this.

I'd just like to tell you that today, the Zhenhai Court upheld my claim that Ningbo, Jiangbei Public Security Traffic Division had acted illegally in giving me a ticket for entering Ningbo "city" centre.

China is changing. The law is being applied to one and all. If you know you are not guilty, the choice you can make is to let a judge make the right decision.

This is a massive victory, not just for me but for all bikers in China. From my bitter experience I have with the courts here I did not expect even to be heard.. Well. they cancelled my fine and the three points..

So for all of you who laughed at me. I'd just like to say thanks..

Well done Jonsims .... Dennis say Hi ????
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: I fought the law and the law LOST 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Congratulations! China is changing indeed

4. #4 Re: I fought the law and the law LOST 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Congratulations! China is changing indeed
    Yes it is and like any other country, what creates the change is the people. In the democratic west we have become lazy and our commitment to politics is a tic in a box every 5 years or so. It's not enough. Saying "it's not my problem" or "I don't want to make trouble" is just saying "I'm too friggin lazy and I don't care anyway". You should care. We all should care..