Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hooper sues American Lifan and wins 
    http://www.hooperimports.com/images/...-20-102642.pdf

Interesting little bit of court action in the US courts.

What kind of self respecting USA Court orders a judgement for the plaintiff without millions of dollars in damages! I watch Boston Legal, I know how this works

In any case, has a retraction been posted on American Lifan yet? That has to be bad for Hooper Import's sales. I know if I was looking for a bike and the manufacturer told me to watch out for internet sales, I would go to a dealer.

But that was the point of the media release wasn't it? To get people going to Lifan dealers.

Not good enough Lifan...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

Quote Originally Posted by kingmarty45 View Post
    What kind of self respecting USA Court orders a judgement for the plaintiff without millions of dollars in damages! I watch Boston Legal, I know how this works

In any case, has a retraction been posted on American Lifan yet? That has to be bad for Hooper Import's sales. I know if I was looking for a bike and the manufacturer told me to watch out for internet sales, I would go to a dealer.
    We can all learn alot from the multitude of American court shows, LOL.

I think that American Lifan's strategy is to ignore everything, and hope it goes away. The only problem with that is that after a while of non-compliance, the winning party who is awarded damages, gets to have court-ordered marshals (if it's a local matter-sheriff's deputies, or in federal court, US Marshals) go to the losing side and physically collect. In this case, they can go in and grab all of American Lifan's assets (pretty much whatever is not bolted down in the warehouse), and give them to Larry Hooper. That is stuff they rarely show on TV....

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    ....That is stuff they rarely show on TV....
    Yeah but it would be cool if they did!

CC
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I was banned from the American Lifan site for mentioning the lawsuit and sticking up for Larry. The moderator and EJCycle dude were both still saying Hooper Imports illegally sells Lifan products and disregard the courts. They don't like to discuss, they just ban those they disagree with.

Tank,

Sorry to hear about your experience. It seems more than a few folks in the china moto world have thin skin. People need to pay attention to the law and honor commitments even if it doesn't suit their interest anymore and ignoring a legal request is not a good idea.

Anyway, welcome to MCM!

CC
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #7 Boy howdee , Ban crazy 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_rider View Post
    I was banned from the American Lifan site for mentioning the lawsuit and sticking up for Larry. The moderator and EJCycle dude were both still saying Hooper Imports illegally sells Lifan products and disregard the courts. They don't like to discuss, they just ban those they disagree with.
    ------------

Seams to be allot of banning going on on forums that don't agree with your opinions . That's very child-like indeed , especailly when discussing legal issues of these bikes , importers , retailers. Even if someone doesn't like what your saying , banning them is kinda stupid ?
    What that is is little cry baby Moderators and Owners of the forums.
    But , its there Forum , you can go somewhere else . Been told that a few times myself .
    I have been banned from one of them myself , so join the crowd , your in the right place now though !

Snortin norton

its a brave person that bans you Snortin... soo many guns!
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

9. #9 Rah hah hah Marty 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmarty45 View Post
    its a brave person that bans you Snortin... soo many guns!
    ----------------

Well Marty , not too sure about that little tid-bit of wisdom from ya , but ackoring to Frost-Bite , I have obviously been banned from the best Forum on the Web . :
    Unfortuntely for him , this Forum right here boasts that fine BEST award now anyway
    So , I can actually say now that I have been banned from the best forum in the past , and am working on that here now for even higher social status .
    I am pretty sure Freedom of speech was faught for with guns , but today we fight for it with words ? Were losing the battle that way though .
    Not to go off topic too much here but if Lifan had ass-kickers like me on there heels , and I was there typical customer , they would be out of bussiness , or be a good bussienss . Something to think about Marty .
    You don't get far in life and or in bussiness letting people screw you over .
    Pacifism doesn't work in Bussiness when your counterpart or rival wants to screw you from the get go . Bending over never got me anywhere but lots of fun with the misses anyway . Personally , I would choose Lawyers over guns in my legal battles . But I may show up on your door step with a bad attitude if you screw me , and it won't be a pleasant experience , for you

Later , Snortin Norton