Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Rear Shocks 
    You had more bikes than socks.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #12 Re: Rear Shocks 
    Hello, I have the Jetmax too, bought one month and half ago and I also got my big troubles. Luckily under warranty, they changed the engine (the whole engine). I am not a rider with a few knowledge about the technical part. I just can say: I don't like the engine sound, but it works well. I'd like to change the tires with Michelin city grip. but it seems on taobao they have only some models. Anyway these are the Chinese stuffs so ...... be happy and "don't think too much" (this is the sentence that many Chinese frieds often tell to me)

3. #13 Re: Rear Shocks 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    You had more bikes than socks.
    I suppose you could say that :)

4. #14 Re: Rear Shocks 
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayat60 View Post
    Hello, I have the Jetmax too, bought one month and half ago and I also got my big troubles. Luckily under warranty, they changed the engine (the whole engine). I am not a rider with a few knowledge about the technical part. I just can say: I don't like the engine sound, but it works well. I'd like to change the tires with Michelin city grip. but it seems on taobao they have only some models. Anyway these are the Chinese stuffs so ...... be happy and "don't think too much" (this is the sentence that many Chinese frieds often tell to me)
    Wonder why the engine would go so fast...Any details on why they had to change the whole assembly? Mine has 7600km on the clock and sounds alright.
    I heard about Michelin City Grip (good reviews overall), and I didn't find the proper sizes on Taobao, but I found Pirelli Diablo ones. I haven't purchased them yet though. They're in my shopping cart. I think I'll get them when I do my 10K km service.
    A quick question: were you able to make your player work from a USB-connected device? If yes, could you tell me what the trick is? Thanks!

5. #15 Stalling when cold 
    I have been experiencing a minor problem - the scooter stalls when cold. I know you need to warm any bike or car engine before riding or driving, yet the Jetmax seems to need a much longer warming time.
    Probably a new spark plug will fix it.

6. #16 Re: Rear Shocks 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    Wonder why the engine would go so fast...Any details on why they had to change the whole assembly? Mine has 7600km on the clock and sounds alright.
    I heard about Michelin City Grip (good reviews overall), and I didn't find the proper sizes on Taobao, but I found Pirelli Diablo ones. I haven't purchased them yet though. They're in my shopping cart. I think I'll get them when I do my 10K km service.
    A quick question: were you able to make your player work from a USB-connected device? If yes, could you tell me what the trick is? Thanks!
    The engine had oil leak from the down due to some slots in the motor block. Unfixable so they have changed (I did just 950 km)).
    Pirelli diablo I think are good too, but although are italian i like more Michelin, because more soft.
    About the USB I have tried only to connect a pen-drive with some songs and works properly, but I don't use because the sound's quality is very low. relating the Spark plug I am using a "DENSO" iridium and works very good. my bike doesn't need to be warm, starts with power immediately and no stalls.

7. #17 Re: Steve's CFMoto 250T-6a Jetmax 
    what price have you found about the diablo on taobao?

8. #18 Re: Steve's CFMoto 250T-6a Jetmax 
    Wayat60 must be some manufacturing defect, that engine problem. Well, it's good that they replaced it for you!
    I've tried a USB pen-drive, and, even though it looked like the drive was read (the light on the USB stick was blinking), nothing happened. I put .mp3 files into the root folder of the drive. Probably should have put the files in folders, I don't really know...
    I'll change the spark plug for something Japanese as well. NGK or Denso or something similar.
    As for Pirelli Diablo prices, the rear tire goes for 750 yuan, and the front one is 800 yuan.

9. #19 Re: Steve's CFMoto 250T-6a Jetmax 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    Wayat60 must be some manufacturing defect, that engine problem. Well, it's good that they replaced it for you!
    I've tried a USB pen-drive, and, even though it looked like the drive was read (the light on the USB stick was blinking), nothing happened. I put .mp3 files into the root folder of the drive. Probably should have put the files in folders, I don't really know...
    I'll change the spark plug for something Japanese as well. NGK or Denso or something similar.
    As for Pirelli Diablo prices, the rear tire goes for 750 yuan, and the front one is 800 yuan.
    Pay attention Steve about the NGK, someone told me that 90% of NGK in China are fakes, so I have choosen the DENSO. About the MP3 even though some files have the estension .mp3, but can't be read from some devices. this happens also in the car. I suggest you to check if the file has some comments inside it or some limitations. Normally I download from youtube with "MP3 tube downloader" and works not just on the Jetmax but also on the car. Regarding the Pirelli, I have found the same prices.

10. #20 Re: Steve's CFMoto 250T-6a Jetmax 
    Steve, I have forgotten to tell you, the pen drive must be formatted FAT32 and not NTFS

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast