Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Steve's CFMoto 250T-6a Jetmax 
    Wayat60 Thank you!!! So that is the culprit! I'll try it when I'm home tonight.

2. #22 Jetmax Sound Quality 
    So I formatted my USB drive in FAT32 and threw some .mp3 tunes on it. The drive was recognized by the scooter sound system at once, and the system played my music.
    Sound quality sucks big time.
    Actually, I get it not, why implement a USB input, when 3.5mm jack would've been a thousand times more useful. Jetmax music system doesn't allow shuffling tracks, and always plays music in the same order, starting with the first song in the root directory every time you start the engine. That's OK for a long ride I suppose, but in the city it means ultimate boredom.
    Did I say the sound quality sucked?
    What I think I'll do is I'll get a complete 12V sound system off of Taobao and have it installed instead the stock one. There aren't so many options, but from what I was able to found, there are systems that feature bluetooth, USB, SD/MMC, and 3.5mm input; 4-channel sound and remote control.
    I want to have one of those installed and see how it fares.

3. #23 Re: Jetmax Sound Quality 
    Hello Steve, sorry for the late reply but I was in Macao.
    Anyway you can use your phone to listen the music. I have just tried now. You should connect the small jack to the phone and play music. It works so you can use the shuffle and playlist etc.
    I have also seen that there is a "female USB plug" under the saddle, If you connect there a pen-drive you can shuffle between phone music and USB MP3 using the right button on the Jetmax player panel.
    There is also a MP3 male plug, but I don't know what it is supposed to do.
    About the quality .... the problem is that to listen a little of good music need: A good quality amplifier and speakers worthy.
    Regards

IMAG6185.jpgIMAG6186.jpgIMAG6188.jpgIMAG6189.jpg

4. #24 Re: Jetmax Sound Quality 
    Wow! I see your Jetmax has quite a few more audio options than mine does! I mean, I don't have an AUX 3.5 and there's nothing under the seat either. Probably they beefed it up in a new version...
    Anyways, I think of doing functional upgrades first and music will go later.

5. #25 Re: Jetmax Sound Quality 
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Halt View Post
    Wow! I see your Jetmax has quite a few more audio options than mine does! I mean, I don't have an AUX 3.5 and there's nothing under the seat either. Probably they beefed it up in a new version...
    Anyways, I think of doing functional upgrades first and music will go later.
    Hello, I suggest you to check the amplifier that is situated in the extreme back of the under-saddle (maybe hidden by a plastic cover).
    There should be the audio input and also the USB input. So if you buy the right wires, you can have the same situation of mine.
    Keep me informed, and good luck

6. #26 Re: Jetmax Sound Quality 
    Oh, so that's how it is!
    I didn't know the amplifier had different inputs... I have a 3.5mm - 3.5mm cable at home somewhere; I think it could be worth a try!

7. #27 A regular update 
    The scoot has just hit 8,000 km and is fine. So far, I have done nothing to / with the machine. I have planned the first major service at 10,000 km, which won't probably happen before I sell the bike.
    I have gotten accustomed to its handling (it's a really long ride) and find its great weather protection really enjoyable. The scooter hasn't magically changed over these couple of months, but it starts and goes every time I need it to, which is more than enough for shopping rides.
    Nanjing gets hotter and the temperature gauge hasn't yet climbed over 4 bars, so it's all good for now.
    Keep you guys duly updated.

8. #28 So far so good 
    Jetmax is going strong, all things considered, I thought something must have broken off by now, but nothing has so far (and I am surprised).
    Went to a Vespa shop last week and am seriously contemplating changing my maxi for something arguably more European.

9. #29 Warning Light: 15 Flashes 
    Just as I posted that everything was fine, my Jetmax throws a 15 warning light flashes code. Might be just a service reminder, I don't know yet.
    I have downloaded the service manual from bikerdoc's thread. Will read it and see what it really is.
    Bikerdoc, if you're reading this, thanks for the manual!!!

Update: I've read the manual (well, read most of it anyway). As an English teacher, I am appalled, and I wish CFMoto found a laowai to check their cryptic manuscript of a manual for them. They could probably translate it into English some day.
    Irony aside, according to the error code table, flashes are counted in "short flashes" (individual ones) and "long flashes" (groups of 10 of short flashes). Thusly, 15 fishes will be 1 long flashes and 5 short flashes.
    The error code table states it's a problem with a fan relay - it is either disconnected or doesn't work at all.
    So I guess I am in for the checkup. Will probably do it some time next week.
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 05-29-2016 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Read the manual

10. #30 Re: Warning Light: 15 Flashes 
    So the warning light problem has somehow magically cured itself. Since the only time I saw wires reconnect and heal themselves was in "Transformers" (and my ancient Chingchong is obviously not one), I believe it must have been a relay glitch or a temperature sensor problem.
    Anyways, the fan now does come on at 4 bars on the temperature display, and it all seems to be working just fine. All said, it pretty much postpones my trip to the service center until some time later.

On a side note, I went to Suzuki dealership yesterday, and they said that a Skywave 250 (or 200) will be officially sold in China some time by the end of 2016. The official "reveal ceremony" will be held on October 25th. I read couple of reviews of their latest Burgman (Skywave) 200 ABS, and I am seriously considering it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast