Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Buying Gasoline in a tier one city like Changchun. 
    So, I finally got something other then a e-bike and I went to fill up at the gas station near my home. The guy would not let me do it, he had to. He also had to do it with an old tea pot and the dude spilled gasoline everywhere. So I am looking for your remedies to this situation. I was thinking maybe buy a boatload of paper funnels and keep a few under the seat?

20160329_120815.jpg
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

2. #2 Re: Buying Gasoline in a tier one city like Changchun. 
    So, I finally got something other then a e-bike and I went to fill up at the gas station near my home. The guy would not let me do it, he had to. He also had to do it with an old tea pot and the dude spilled gasoline everywhere. So I am looking for your remedies to this situation. I was thinking maybe buy a boatload of paper funnels and keep a few under the seat?
    Welcome to the world of motorbike riding in China lol
    Just one of many problems you will encounter when riding your new KTM so my advise "GET USED TO IT"
    Bike looks great happy and safe riding
    Last edited by prince666; 03-29-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Welcome to the LFZ.
    Maybe you can burn down the gas station. Then there is no way that there a teapot is used again and in prison u don't need to fill a bike.

.... In fact I understand u... I could explode about that idiotic rule when a 1.5m tall girl with 10L fuel tries to fill my GS, spilling gasoline everywhere and try to scratch the bike.
    But u can't blame them. Their lifelong they are drilled just to do what they are told to be done. U can imagine the gas servants are not the most st clever ones.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #4 Re: Buying Gasoline in a tier one city like Changchun. 
    C-Moto Regular
    actually it's quite good. so sometimes you could sneaky pour the gas into your jerrycan. otherwise in other places, you dont have this chance.

That point is true. I didn't see it that way yet.
    That is another LFZ thing, in BJ you can buy a jerry can at the gas station, but can't fill it. Only if you have a special police permit you are allowed.
    So, it goes like, fill the bike, have a hose with a small initial suction device, fill the can, return to gas station fill the bike ....
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

6. #6 Re: Buying Gasoline in a tier one city like Changchun. 
    My method is to swear my fucking head off in Chinese until they put the pump direct into my tank or I leave. Usually filling up in the country, remembering where the non fascist stations are in the city or riding a bicycle avoids this irritating stupidity.

The fact is filling into an alu kettle is fucking dangerous and can cause a flash fire. Only in a completely retarded country like China would you be forced to do something dangerous for safety reasons. They can fuck right off.

7. #7 Re: Buying Gasoline in a tier one city like Changchun. 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    My method is to swear my fucking head off in Chinese until they put the pump direct into my tank or I leave. Usually filling up in the country, remembering where the non fascist stations are in the city or riding a bicycle avoids this irritating stupidity.

The fact is filling into an alu kettle is fucking dangerous and can cause a flash fire. Only in a completely retarded country like China would you be forced to do something dangerous for safety reasons. They can fuck right off.
    Not quite as I do things but if this method works so who am I to say otherwise.
    What I do is just work out the ones who are happy with your tank being filled up directly from the pump and just use them.
    Yes on travels out of your area you will encounter problems then I would recommend ZMC888 course of action or even when the pump attendant ask you to use the kettle grab the Kettle throw it on the ground and stamp on it to fuck it up then slowly get on your bike and ride of with a big smile on your face.
    Worked for me in the past lol
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

8. #8 Re: Buying Gasoline in a tier one city like Changchun. 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Im so lucky that I live in Zhejiang. Never had to use kettle here.
    I remember my surprise when I needed to do that for the first time, in a pouring rain with no roof over my bike using a bucket with a little beak. Was not impressed

Get yourself this thing, its small and light
    http://www.amazon.cn/Mr-Funnel-AF1CB...ords=mr+funnel

Ive ordered some water filters from amazon.cn and they arrived from the States in 8 days. Cheap shipping too

9. #9 Re: Buying Gasoline in a tier one city like Changchun. 
    I just bought paper funnels. Filled up today and no spill. Takes 3.5 tea pots to fill the tank. I like the other filter funnel but I don't want to have to carry it around every day.

The gas station also said I can come fill up a gas can when ever I want. It is not a problem here in Changchun to do so.

Such strange rules and regulations in this country.
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

10. #10 Re: Buying Gasoline in a tier one city like Changchun. 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptomatic View Post
    .....Takes 3.5 tea pots to fill the tank....