Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 question at 55 000 rmb 
    C-Moto Noob
    Dear All,

I am very glad to join this forum.
    I have a dream to buy and drive a motorbike in Shanghai. I said a dream because I haven't yet my driving licence here in China.
    I drive a 125cc in France more than 5 years, and a electric bike for more than 4 years in Shanghai.
    I deeply hope to pass my licence to get a REAL motorbike (600cc, as a Benelli, or a supermot', or a hornet).
    But before to get my licence, I checked prices of a Shanghai motorbike plate : Totally destroyed my dream, 200 000 rmb...
    It is too expensive.

But in another hand, I saw on this forum some dudes who sell their second hand bike at 50 000 rmb including a Shanghai plate.
    I don't understand how it is possible.

So here my question:
    For a budget of 50/55 000 rmb, can I hope to buy a 600cc with a shanghai plate ?

Many thanks,

Cheers

2. #2 Re: question at 55 000 rmb 
    So here my question:
    For a budget of 50/55 000 rmb, can I hope to buy a 600cc with a shanghai plate ?

If a plate is 200.000 rmb how could a person get a plate and a bike for 55.000 rmd ? so that's makes your hopes impossible IMO
    I have this hope that one day I win the Lotto but people keep telling me that I need to buy a ticket first???
    See will all have hopes but yours like mind is a none starter.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: question at 55 000 rmb 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    If a plate is 200.000 rmb how could a person get a plate and a bike for 55.000 rmd ? so that's makes your hopes impossible IMO
    I have this hope that one day I win the Lotto but people keep telling me that I need to buy a ticket first???
    See will all have hopes but yours like mind is a none starter.
    thanks for your reply. I believed that maybe it's because some plate are cheaper than other, or that some people decreased the price to sell their motorbike faster. Anyway, so you confirm me that it is impossible to drive a motorbike legally in shanghai for my budget right ? cheers

4. #4 Re: question at 55 000 rmb 
    Yes I think that is fair to say sorry but that's the base line .

You could place a add on MCM need a bike with so on .....

And hope someone will bite with a bike for sale in your area and meets your needs
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: question at 55 000 rmb 
    Shanghai, buy a race bicycle with hydraulic brakes, no point in being limited to a 250cc motorcycle and paying so much for a plate. Plus you can take a bicycle on a plane in a cardboard box if you leave.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

6. #6 Re: question at 55 000 rmb 
    C-Moto Regular
    at this moment, even a Hu C cost 43 large, so no chance to get a bike for 50k with shanghai license plate.
    btw: price of both hu a & c is rocket climbing. so if you really want to ride a bike, buy it now. just think it as an investment. you will get pay back later.