Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Handel Bars

Like the 650 TR the TR-G uses unorthodox style handle bars which at first impression you won't like , but the handle bars work ok with good contact between you and the front wheel.
    A added bonus is the shape of the bars allow a placement of a crash helmet to sit like it was designed for this propose.

Update on fuel economy.

With the engine now correctly run in I was able to ride the bike with no worries or concerns about the engine so this should be the average consumption for the bike.
    The fuel economy on this tank was 22.65 Km per L.

With this consumption and the tank holding 22 L you should still be able to obtain a good 500 KM range

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg
    Last edited by prince666; 04-29-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #12 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Picture gallery

IMG_0888.jpg

Attachment 18416

UPDATE ON LIGHTS.

spots222.jpg

led spots.jpg

With the fitting of 2 x 30 w well placed led spot lights it has made the bike more visible during daytime riding.

The first picture is of the TR-G WITH side/low bream on.

The next picture is of the TR-G with side/low bream and LED spots on?

I know what one I like best ?

day lights no spots.jpg

day lights with spots.jpg
    Last edited by prince666; 05-13-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #13 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    4000 KM review

With nearly 4000 km cover over the last 14 days I am happy to report the TR-G is operating and rides as it is designed to do with no rattles or lose bolts due to bad quality control or vibration.

The "ONLY" issue I have had has been from the side stand cut out switch which at times was not operating correctly and with a quick inspection I adjusted the switch and all works correctly now.

The TR-G may have a issue IMO when the bike is parked on a slight downhill slop with the side stand down, the bike can very easy "roll" off the side stand, so important to remember to leave the bike in gear when parking on a slight downhill slop.

Happy to report now I have had time to translate some of the TR-G owner's manual I can report back on that the ABS system can be turn OFF, (see picture of the "white" WP adjustment knob and you can see to the left the ABS on/off switch) I am sure some riders will find the function to turn on/off the ABS a added bonus on certain road condition .

The WP front folks are adjustable for "rebound" (RED) and "compression" (WHITE)

The adjustment knob have 27 clicks turn it clockwise give you the max hard setting with WP recommended setting of 7 clicks down from hard.

wp.jpg

wp1.jpg

The engine has a "Engine Mode Switch" "E" or "S", on translating the manual NO reference to how to operate or to what affects it has on the engine performance?

On Talking to BikerDoc the engine mode has replaced the "gear indicator" on the LCD dash screen ?

Given that I have no idea how this function works then my choice would have been to have the gear indicator then from what I can see some "useless" function to switch engine modes. ( need to find out more information)

Before someone asked? I can't work out why CFMoto has dropped the handle bars on the front folks?
    (see picture) this is common on all TR-G bikes I have seen so far, I would be interested to hear people's views on this matter? surely by dropping the front like this you decrease the ground clearness.?

UPDATE ON LIGHTS.

As mention in my review the TR-G low bream head light has a lot to be desired? but with the help of 2X30 W low down LED spots it makes all the difference.

low bream OE.jpg

Low bream OE

low bream with spots.jpg

Low bream with 2X 30 W LED on

high bream with spots on.jpg

High bream with spots on
    Last edited by prince666; 05-13-2016 at 09:25 AM.

4. #14 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Nice write up. Does it have electronic cruise control? Is it ride-by-wire?

Side Note: I hope you get an off site photo hosting option before you share all your awesome adventures on your big trip. Your pictures deserve to be seen, and posting them directly in the forum makes them too small with too much quality loss.

5. #15 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Nice write up. Does it have electronic cruise control? Is it ride-by-wire?

Side Note: I hope you get an off site photo hosting option before you share all your awesome adventures on your big trip. Your pictures deserve to be seen, and posting them directly in the forum makes them too small with too much quality loss.
    Hi ChinaV and thanks had some help from a friend lol

Wishful thinking on them 2 points? remember its still only a CF?

With over 2400 KM rode in the last 7 days I must say I have been very impressed with the TR-G, the engine power delivery is amassing far better then the TR I had.

Now the engine is now run in correctly was able to give some WOT today and was lifting the front wheel in the first 4 gears.

Will take your advice and look into offsite hosting, and yes I hope to post a RR on MCM not sure if it will be done along route or when I get back, but I hope to set up a Wechat account just for this ride and should be able to post every day with pictures and location maps. ( will post account details later for people to join the account)

Just purchased a new Olympus TG-4 along with a GoPro so I should have some amazing pictures & videos.

You have over the past rode some epic rides all over China and you have a good ideal of the condition of some roads I will encounter "JUST" getting out of China lol but I am optimistic that the TR-G will be fine
    But for the re-turn leg which will take me into Kazakhstan I hope to fit a set of continental TKC 80 tyres which should help with grip/tracking..

The TR-G O.E. tyres are CTA 2

spider-diagramm-enduro-segment.jpg

Link.......http://www.continental-tires.com/mot...-enduro/tkc-80

So keep looking in and watch this space.
    Last edited by prince666; 04-29-2016 at 11:36 PM.

6. #16 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    I have the TG-4, it's a great little camera. I like TKC-80's, but they do wear fast. I had at least 6 sets of Bridgestone BattleWings on my V-Strom and it really is a fantastic all around China tire. Good mileage, great handling, very predictable when you hit those long stretches of muddy road construction.

7. #17 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Thanks for the tip... will look into the Bridgestone BattleWings tyres.

I just hope Bridgestone make the tyre sizes required for the TR-G front 120/70.17 back 180/55/17.
    On my research I found not to many tyre manufactures was making both these sizes

8. #18 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Great write-up. Still interesting even though I want any future road vehicles to be either electric or pedal power.

9. #19 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi there

The new 650TR-G does look good, I have an older 650TR. I really like the bike, however, I wanted to replace the dashboard on mine, with that from the 650TR-G, as it's supposed to fit, and you get the extras such as clock, trip distance etc. I tried emailing CFMoto, but never got a reply, and WK bikes here in the UK are useless & clueless. As, you appear to have contacts within CF moto, perhaps you could find out if they could supply me with a 650TR-G dashboard, where the display is in MPH please, or, send me contact details of someone at CFMoto who will reply, and I can do the asking.

10. #20 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Hi Linuxyeti

Speak to BikerDoc on here he is the person who has all the upto date information regarding the TR /TR-G dashboard and he has posted a thread on MCM with fitting instructions.

Sorry I can't pass on the Marking Director Personal email details .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast