Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Hi Bill

Update on trip is I have been ready to go for the last week now with loads of interesting modification done to the TR-G to which I will post on a new thread very soon.
    The holdup has been for the 2 Chinese riders applying for 1. Schengen Visa 2. UK Visa .

I am happy to report the Schengen has been optioned ok and the UK Visa appreciation are in for the UK Visa but the clock is ticking because the Schengen is only valid for 75 days starting from the 15/06/2016.
    So every day after the 15th will lose days riding in the EU, so hopefully we will leave on about the 22th.

The route has somewhat changed a bit see map below (not very clear see blue line).

The Chinese guys are not keen to travel into Turkey so the route back will take us back into Russia (north EU) and then into Kazakhstan - China.

If you have a WeChat account I can PM you the accounts names to fallow.

Thanks for showing a interest in the trip.

mmexport1465401770473.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #32 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Link to Travel Blog ..... Called "The Long Way Home"

http://thelongwayhome.simplesite.com/428678170
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #33 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Yes, I do remember this, now that you linked it here (again, Martino, sorry to hijack). I would love to do some sort of epic ride, but Europe to China is epic times two or three! The bonus being on a Chinese bike!! If I could, my ride would be on an Asiawing 450 out of China maybe the other way around through Russia to Alaska, and down to the lower 48. SSR sells the off-raod version of their 450 in the US. Maybe on a Galaxy XTR 230 since Pitster Pro sells the full enduro version? I can imagine a bucket list ride, can't I....

4. #34 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    You can have a bucket list not harm in that, the fun is to make the list happen ?

Looked at the route before the hard part is getting across the Bering straits no ferry ?.

5. #35 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 

6. #36 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    How this great "The Long Way Home" trip went finally? Everyone is back home?

7. #37 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    All back home in China after 67.000 km.
    It was great for me.

8. #38 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Cool. Good to hear. Well done!
    I am a new kid on the block here in BJ but have already obtained driving license and ordered CF Moto TR-G a couple of weeks ago - expecting to be delivered in a few weeks.
    So I am taking your trip as a good confirmation that this bike should not dissapoint me as well.
    Was riding HD Electra Glide and BMW GS before so expect TR-G to be a solid "partner" in trips around China and abroad :)

Any hints/heads ups you may wish share on 650 TR-G usage?

9. #39 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Hi, Lexeyich.
    And welcome to MCM.
    For me, the TR-G has been a great bike and after 67.000km off faultless riding with no major issues.
    But is it the correct bike for China? NO
    If you are planning to ride around China staying on the toll roads and lucky to not hit roads works on other roads, yes the bike is spot on.
    But if you like to ride on "S' & "X" roads then no the bike is just too heavy for the job.
    I have moved onto the MT now hoping with a more 60/40 tyre fitted the MT will be better suited for all roads in China.

Well done on obtained a Chinese driving license.
    Please keep us all here updated on further progress with the TR-G and rides out.

10. #40 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Good advice, many thanks! Yeah, I was looking at MT as well - it seemed a bit small for me (and we usually travel together with my +1 and her comfort is also important for me to be sure of).
    But you are right - we usually travel pretty much every road we see or just direction - so will think about your words additionally - still have time for a final decision.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast