Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #41 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    For the 26 countries, I visited outside China the bike was spot on can't think of a better bike made in China to do the job.
    My problems arose when I arrived back in China lol
    But if you are an experienced ride used to heavy bike 2 up then you will be fine but at times it's hard work even for an experienced rider.
    If you decide to get the TR-G, I found the OE Continental tyres wrong for the bike change them too Michelin Pilot 4 GT

Or better still fit the Continental TKC 70 ?
    Last edited by prince666; 06-15-2017 at 04:58 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #42 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Was thinking about tyres' replacement already.
    To be honest, all my moto-life I was riding Metzeler only, so was thinking about this name for CF Moto as well. Need to check whether they have CFMoto's dimensions but assume yes.
    But will of course look at Pilot 4 GT as well - need something universal to go on various roads.

And as far as the vehicle's weight is concerned - well, before relocating to China we together were travelling on Harley Electra Glide for many years and the weight of that bike (with many add-ons on it like rear gear, amplifier, etc..etc..) was ca. 500 kg.

So I hope I should be Ok with 250kg buddy like CF Moto TR-G - my first impression was that TR-G is quite light - e.g. willy looks easily doable (when compared with HD Touring, of course!).

3. #43 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Continental TKC 70 ? will be the best option IMO and have your sizes BUT can you buys these in China
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #44 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    With the Metzeler range yes the Karoo 3 are very good for your needs BUT your sizes are not available.

5. #45 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    TKC 70 look pretty similar to "my old&good friends" Metzeler Marathon 880/888 - so you are right.
    Just need to find them somewhere here in BJ!

6. #46 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    I have been not fond of faired motorcycles, but I liked the looks of this bike, also I am impressed it is not all smoke and mirrors.

7. #47 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    With the Metzeler range yes the Karoo 3 are very good for your needs BUT your sizes are not available.
    One more question, prince666, if I may: it looks like the TR-G's manual says that required petrol is "98 or above". Is it really the case or it 95th is also Ok from your experience?

8. #48 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    If I may, very few petrol stations stock the 98 grade petrol... most here have 92 and 95 grades. Funny thing though is that the grades used to 91 and 97, or 98... can't recall the higher grade as I hardly ever buy it. Could be just a sticker change at the pumps, and fark all else changed. TIC after all... the global LFZ. PRC luv their zones... but no need as they have the biggest farkin zone of all time... and it's log!c free.

There used to be 89 grade petrol here in these parts until about 4 or so years ago.

Even my Bemmer GS is tuned specifically to take 91 grade octane here in TIC by BMW motorrad China.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

9. #49 Re: New CFMoto 650 TR-G review 
    The TR-G engine is the same as the TR, NK and the MT.
    From my TR-G and MT owners manual states using Unleaded 92 or above.

Not sure what Manual you are reading, so check again.

Fuel Requirement This motorcycle is designed to use only unleaded 92# (V) or above gasoline.
    CAUTION Don't use leaded gasoline, as this will destroy the catalytic converter (For further information, refer to the catalytic converter section)

Octane Rating The higher the RON is, the greater the gasoline's resistance to “knocking” is. The term commonly used to describe a gasoline's octane rating is the Research Octane Number (RON). Always use a gasoline with an octane rating equal to, or higher than RON 92(V).

NOTE If “knocking” or “pinging” occurs, use unleaded gasoline with better quality or higher octane
    Last edited by prince666; 06-19-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345