Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 SH to Erlian/Erenhot Mongolia? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    This is a very popular visa run destination for many expats. From what I understand you must hire a jeep taxi to cross the border, and border crossing can not be done on foot. I have searched on the net and found nothing regarding crossing by motorcycle or if this can be done. Is it an easy process to cross the China Mongolia border? Or do they require loads of paperwork? For many passport holders Mongolia makes sense because its visa free entry and costs 0 in visa fees and requires no time/hassle to get a visa for entrance.
    This looks to be a good route/purposeful trip for any motorcycle riders in north China who live half of the year in China and need to exit/enter every 60 or 90 days.
    border%u00252Bcrossing%2Broad%2Bmongolia3.jpg

2. #2 Re: SH to Erlian/Erenhot Mongolia? 
    Hi Ryan
    The latest news I have just been told is as of June this year all cars/motorbikes will be banned to entry Mongolia?, (In June 2016, Mongolians will be voting for a new parliament) also you need to check up to date VOR for your country because as of January 2016 UK passport holders now need a Visa and can no longer get a VOR at the border.
    Last edited by prince666; 05-03-2016 at 10:57 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: SH to Erlian/Erenhot Mongolia? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    To partially answer my own question apparently this guy seems to have done it. He doesn't mention crossing the border but he is a well known motorcycle adventurist in China. Mongolia sounds ruff after hearing his story. I would definitely be rolling with a non-lethal nitrogen packed taser prong shooting gun with minimum 25 foot range. I don't go for bike hi-jacking in any country period. That new law sucks, guess will just wait and see what happens after this summer. I think VOR is still open for US passport holders to Mongolia. http://mongolianembassy.us/visa-info.../#.VynSTYR97IU