Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CFMOTO 400 NK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks guys , nice looking bike , not sure of the full digital dash tho , I wonder what its like in full sun , I know its not just CFmoto as I have a friend with the very nice new 690 Ducati and its full digital dash though it's nice to look at is a bastard to see in the full Aussie sun .

I was down at my local CFmoto dealer yesterday and when he told me that CFmoto Australia woefully calculated the popularity of the 650nk and have sold out OZ wide , he has 3 left and that's it until the next shipment arrives in late July , the NEW , 2016 version with a few cosmetic changes , tail , dash and a few small others . I am looking forward to seeing these .

I also asked about these 400nk's coming to Australia and his reply was ,, never herd of them but I will contact the distributer , I think these will sell well here .

Brian.

2. #12 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    Thanks for the nice pics and details. It does look like 650NK but with 400cc? Think it will be underwhelming when compared to the 650NK. It needs lighter frame and less weight to make it lively.
    Wonder if CFMoto Australia will brings in the latest 650TK(TR)-ABS or the 650TR-G. Seems their current TK is still the same as my 2014 model with upgraded brakes, tyres, revised instrument cluster and pannier upgrades plus other improvements
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

3. #13 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys,

Anyone owns a 400nk? I'd like some reports as i'm considering buying one. I hesitate with a Benelli bn302. The 400nk looks better to me, but i have no idea about the build quality, and the engine doesnt sound good beside the Bn302.
    Last edited by tomsdev; 12-26-2016 at 09:13 AM.

4. #14 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsdev View Post
    Hi guys,

Anyone owns a 400nk? I'd like some reports as i'm considering buying one. I hesitate with a Benelli bn302. The 400nk looks better to me, but i have no idea about the build quality, and the engine sounds like crap beside the Bn302.
    At the current state of play, I put CFMoto way ahead off Benelli all day long but if SOUND is your big thing then buy a HD ?

Review link..... http://www.bikesales.com.au/editoria...rst-ride-57763

Quote from review, ( I can put up with in the 400NK's first Aussie foray, as it's bloody close to the standards set by its Japanese or indeed Japanese but Thai-built rivals. And the price is keen in comparison too, with the 400NK cheaper than its parallel twin opposition in the form of the Kawasaki Ninja 300.)

YOU can't Say that about Benelli at this present time
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #15 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for your answer.

I saw that review, but i was looking for a review from a real user of the bike. I bet it is hard to find because the bike is kind of recent. About the Benelli i find mostly good reviews, also had a friend who owns one and never had troubles in 20.000km.

However the 400nk looks so much better to me, so i'll still try to find people who owns one, then make my choice.

6. #16 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    Hi Tom
    Can't give you a personal review on the NK400 but I can give you some reviews on CFMoto?

1. Have a CFmoto Jetlux covered 25.000 Km review is not a bad bike had a few issues.

2. Had a CFMoto 650 TR covered 28.000 Km before I sold it again not a bad bike had a few issues.

3. Have a CFMoto 650 TR-G needed to buy a new bike to do a return trip from China to the EU and back and in 90 Days trip covered 50.000 Km review is a VERY GOOD bike.
    Review on the TR-G ............http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...50-TR-G-review

Now I can't speak about Benelli personly but have got a few Chinese friends who had owned one in the past and the generally the feedback is there are SHIT.
    A member here on MCM just completed a ride on a Benelli and here is the link to the RR.

Link......http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...Mountains-trip

You were looking for real people with real reviews ??????
    Both I and Bill are real people.
    Well good luck I am sure what one you decide to buy it will be the correct choice
    Last edited by prince666; 12-26-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #17 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    C-Moto Regular
    Our local bike shop has the new 400nk and I have taken the demo for a short ride ,

It has 35km's on the clock so I took it easy .

First up the fit and finish is quite good they have changed a few cosmetic things and these are a lot like the new 650nk and I like the style , quite a bit less agricutural looking than mine .

The bike its self is quite a bit smaller than than my 650nk , shorter , lower by about 25mm and more compact .

The 400cc engine is not a sleeved down 650 engine , the bike shop owner loaned me a tape and I checked a few crucial dimentions against my 650 and its about 30 - 40mm smaller in most measurements , shorter barrel/head height , narrower head both length and width , clutch hub diameter smaller , crank case smaller etc .

On its performance , I did not go past 5000rpm but found the bike willing and smooth with a smoother gear change than mine by quite a bit , not as much power as my 650nk but quite a bit more than my wife's 250 VTR Honda , I actually liked it and it took my 6 foot 100kg frame well , confortable , especially the seat as its narrower and softer than my bike's seat , I also liked the foot pegs in both position and the fact they had rubber tops ( not the solid alloy slightly slippery R1 style ones on my bike ) , brakes were very good and felt better than mine , lighter weight ? .
    Gear lever is shorter so the throw is a lot shorter than mine so beginners would not hit neutral so easy as I did when I first got mine ( embarressing ) but it did not take me long to sort it out , but I have been riding for 30 years so this is a real plus .

Fueling felt better than my 650nk , smoother low down making it easier to ride slow around town , great for a learner as the 'snatchyness' of a standard 650nk would be very off putting for a learner , I have cured most of mine by changing the exhaust , quality chain and putting in quality NGK Irridium spark plugs ..

One stand out was the new dash , I liked that a lot , large and easy to read giving so much more info than my bike .
    On the looks , I really like the colour , kinda teal green and matt black , looks nice . One more stand out to my eyes is the exhaust , while quiet it is tucked away so well I had to really look for it , it's a nice touch .

All in all I found it a neat little bike to ride , more like a friends CBR500 Honda than anothers 300cc Ninja , not quite the power of the 500cc but size wise and feel were very close , the Ninja feels cramped in comparasim , I am sure the 400cc engine would open up after a run in and I see these selling well here , CFMoto have already sold over 10000 650nk here and at the price of around $5000 aud they are 2k cheaper than both the 500cc honda and Ninja300 , a good alternitave I think .

Now the mirrors ?? while showing good visability they vibrated badly at 3-4000 rpm just like mine , easy fix but for an extra $40 you think CFMoto would sort this out it aint hard but its a small niggle but at 100kph the bike is doing around 4000rpm and thats when you need good safe views behind you , especially on a busy freeway .

I will post a few photos later .

I really think CFMoto need a pat on the back here as I recon they have listened to us and addressed a lot of short commings of the earlier bikes , lots of small things add up to a much more refined motorcycle ,, Keep up the good work it's another step in the right direction

Comments/questions welcome , bagging will be shot down .

Ps . one real stand out to me is something they should have done with the 650nk like mine is put the radiator header tank in a place where you can top it up without having to remove the right side faring , great !!!

Brian.
    Last edited by Beanerds; 01-05-2017 at 04:41 AM.

8. #18 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thank you very much for such a detailed review!

I've got only one question left: What about the rear seat? It looks almost not usable on pictures, but how is it in real? I plan to ride around town with my wife (rarely more than 20min/ride), do you think it might be a problem for her? (she is short and slim).

Thank you again ^^

9. #19 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks Tomsdey , I did not really have a close look at it but I would think it would be similar to the 650 seat , I am heading down this afternoon to take a few photos and I will have a closer look and get back to you .
    brian.

10. #20 Re: CFMOTO 400 NK 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hope this helps , I am a big guy 185 cm tall and 100kg and the bike is not to swamped , I have my jacket on so look bigger again .

There is a little room behind the rider , more than you think as I think the short tail gives a false sence of size there ,.

The test machine was out , this is the new one in the show room , people around here are starting to take notice of these .

Just for fun the last photo is outside my local bike shop just now , looks like Blue 650nk day !!! , mine is the one out front , the second one is owned by a local instructor ( in for a new front tyre and bulb ) and has clocked just over 50,000km hard km's !!! and the third one is in for its 20,000 km service , cool and enjoy .

If you look carefully at the last photo you will see a white bike on the right behind the post , that's a new CFMoto 150 , it looks very smart in the flesh and I like its look ( like a smaller KTM390 Duke ) , man I wish we had bikes like this when I started out over 30 years ago the young up and comers are spoilt by choice today and that's gotta be good for biking in general .

Brian.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Beanerds; 01-05-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12