Hello people,

I recently bought a 2nd hand Benelli 600gs, a 2012 model ....with the overheating problem.

I relaly didn't know it was such a problem until now, and somewhere in the back of my head i though that there's bound to be a solution by now.

I rode it up to the mountains outside of Beijing with some friends and while on the highway it was fine with the temp sticking to around 88~89 C, in stop start traffic it frequently pushed 96, and then finally when i got it home it was at 109 C.
That's when the engine just completely shut off.
I gave it the night to cool down but it won't start again.

All the displays come on, so its not the battery, even though we changed it with a friend's that trip because his wasn't charging. But it won't even begin to click over. (yes the emergency switch is not on)

Would any of you guys know the problem?

Also in terms of fixing the root cause, i've read about some guys changing the ECU mapping, or changing the cheapo ECUs, as well as an Indonesian guy uprating the fan system.
But is there anything anyone would recommend, preferably with specifics of how i go about changing and or getting the necessary parts to make sure i get this thing back on the road?

Thanks guys, i would appreciate your help