Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Greetings to all ! Simon from Jiaxing (Zhejiang) 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello to all !

My name is Simon, I am currently living in Jiaxing, Zhejiang.
    I have been in China since 2008, started in Shanghai, and moved in Jiaxing 4 years ago.
    I am married and got my 4 months old little boy.

I have been wandering the Internet about Chinese motorcycles, and oh boy was glad to see an English speaking forum dedicated to them. I have seen lots of great people on this forum and this lead me to join as well.

I guess my past is pretty boring, in my youth i have ridden scooters and 125cc (customs) mostly in France (yes I am French). Some bikes in Thailand, Bali, for tourism and escapes in the higher mountains. nothing fancy but I have never felt better while riding these in the wilderness.

I have very simple philosophy about life. Don't want to wake up old and tell myself "what if...". No regrets I guess.
    Always been attracted to motorcycles, never had the finance in my youth, or time to fully dedicate to it.
    In china I face myself with countless amazing places, and amazing people. And the urge for loosing myself in the countryside.
    Strange feeling to describe, I am sure most of you know what I am talking about.

Been driving my car around for 6 years now, and I know anything can happen at every corners. I long for safer roads. But it is what it is, we adapt, and it is sure changing slowly every year. But I won't back down from this dream because of it.
    Currently trying to get my motorcycle license in Jiaxing. I already know they only offer the test in Chinese in this city, but i might get an official translator.

So, Here I am, my name is Simon and if you happen to get to Jiaxing contact me !
    In the meantime, good day to you all and keep safe on the roads !

2. #2 Re: Greetings to all ! Simon from Jiaxing (Zhejiang) 
    Hi Simon

And welcome on board MCM, good luck with the Motorbike test you live in a great part of China to do some great rides out I too love to ride in China but unlike you I "Try to adapt" but still find it very hard to get my head around things here in China being here only 6 years.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Greetings to all ! Simon from Jiaxing (Zhejiang) 
    "Currently trying to get my motorcycle license in Jiaxing. I already know they only offer the test in Chinese in this city, but i might get an officfial translator."

When I got my license in Nanjing many years ago, they only offered the test in Chinese too. I hired an "official translator" as suggested by the officials at the testing facility and it was the best money I have ever spent involving any bureaucracy in China or abroad I have done before or since. I can recommend following this path if they suggest it as an option..
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

4. #4 Re: Greetings to all ! Simon from Jiaxing (Zhejiang) 
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonP View Post
    I have been wandering the Internet about Chinese motorcycles, and oh boy was glad to see an English speaking forum dedicated to them. I have seen lots of great people on this forum and this lead me to join as well.
    Yes, we all are native English speakers.

I guess my past is pretty boring, in my youth i have ridden scooters and 125cc (customs) mostly in France (yes I am French).
    Just scooters, not some old 103?

I have very simple philosophy about life. Don't want to wake up old and tell myself "what if...". No regrets I guess.
    "Non, rien de rien
    Non, je ne regrette rien
    Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait
    Ni le mal; tout ça m'est bien égal!.."

Yes, we already heard that!

Not to forget - welcome an congrats about enfant terrible.

Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

Hey Simon, yes get lost on the countryside guarantee lots of unusual things to happen.
    The safest way to ride is most probably mainly offroad with a friend.

Have fun.

Send riding pics and reports.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC