Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 2007 for sale 
    http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/DL650-Vstrom650.htm

I'm selling the Wee. G20 is coming down hard on motorcyclists in Hangzhou. Hopefully she can go to a place where she gets the respect she deserves.

Lovely ride, powerful, maneuverable, much more durable than a chinamoto, no offence. Shes a worker, perfect for touring in China.

The bike has had only 3 owners, all on the forum: ChinaV, Felix and me (50,000km, 20,000km and 5,000km each). Maintenance has been perfect,I believe ChinaV actually went so far as to import engine oil to avoid tainting his baby with fake from taobao.

75,000km on the clock but is in excellent condition. Very well taken care of by all owners.
    Can get legal plates.
    Proabably one of a kind in China but I have a contact for parts.
    Has side boxes, aftermarket crash guard to protect the exhaust underneath, impoted rubber 70/80% left on them, tank bag, top box. It's totally ready to go. Also has a phone charger installed and a proximity alarm to keep the locals off when you're having lunch.

It's never been crashed and has been dropped but twice.

PM me for details. Asking price is 35,000RMB. I can arrange the plates before sale but Im going away June 24th to July 24th.
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: Suzuki V-Strom DL650 2007 for sale 
    Yes a great bike for China wish you luck with the sale . I am a bit confused does the bike have a "BLUE" book or not.?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Suzuki V-Strom DL650 2007 for sale 
    Thanks. Yea it has blue and green books. Blue needs to be updated tho.

4. #4 Re: Suzuki V-Strom DL650 2007 for sale 
    Good luck with the sale CC, hope she finds a good home. I replaced her with a KTM 1190, wish I still had the Wee for China visits.

The V-Strom is a fantastic all around bike for China.

5. #5 Re: Suzuki V-Strom DL650 2007 for sale 
    The V-Strom is a fantastic all around bike for China.
    In the case of your new KTM things just got a lot better now you're talking ChinaV
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #6 Re: Suzuki V-Strom DL650 2007 for sale 
    Bike still looks great. Been lurking at it for a couple years now. I'm getting off the road in China, I've decided. The benefits just don't outweigh the risks for me anymore, personally speaking. I have this feeling that even some areas that have not been so strict are going to start tightening up in the future. I recently had a child as well, so... I can't justify it any longer (although *cough cough*, I never got 100% legit on the road anyway, but was fortunate enough to not have any relatively serious issues involving other parties that could have thrown my life way out of balance. I went and looked at a KDX200 yesterday, and it was just garbage! But I don't want a China bike anymore! Of any kind! The Benelli's are looking great, but nothing for off-road. Anyway, just my random musings. Pay no mind, haha

7. #7 Re: Suzuki V-Strom DL650 2007 for sale 
    For me, I'll stick to reading ChinaV and others' old ride reports on this site from time to time, as they become immortalized in such a short time, as the country hastens quickly to places unbeknownst to anyone just yet! The ride reports were good enough for me to live vicariously through, and I'll either shift to off-road, or, as is more likely, shift to making an exit plan from China back to my homeland in the US! Many things to consider! Again, my random musings, so, carry on!