Not sure if it is happening in other cities but the police here are really cracking down!

If your in Jilin Province and your bike weighs more then 40kg and goes faster then 20km then expect your bike to be taken away. I am not just talking about motorbikes but all those people on E-bikes. I have seen the police with truckloads of illegal bikes daily. The other day I witnessed the police rip a man off a moving e-bike and take it away from him!

Moral of the story? Ride legal.

I had the below bike for almost 2 years and the police never said a word to me about no plates. I sold it right before the police started cracking down and within two weeks they took the bike from the guy I sold it to. It looks like a real motorcycle so it was more understandable. However, now they are taking all the E-bikes that pretty much everyone rides.

So if you don't want your bike in one of these places you might want to register the bike at the very least so they don't just pull you over and take it. I have not seen them pull anyone over with a plate yet.

29B27D2000000578-0-image-a-14_1434537142569.jpg

My old E-bike that is long gone. He has been trying to get it back. At this point the police don't even know where it is. (so they say) That is me in the picture.

Me.jpg

The white one obviously.
20160329_163605.jpg