Quote Originally Posted by 1288711 View Post
Well done man,

Seeing your pictures has inspired me to go out and do the same.
Since your stories, i've now got 2 good rides to do.. the caves, and this wall trip.

I don't want to rope you in to do either of them again, i'm sure you don't want to do them twice. Although if you are up for the wall trip again, or if anyone else is up for it. Let me know.
[not this weekend or next though....have to let my finger heal a bit]
To be honest, the caves trip wasn't that great of a ride... I don't think I'd be inclined to do that again... Most of the roads, namely the G109, had so much traffic that either you play the game of leap-frog passing to make it interesting or you cherish your life and die of boredom in the drawl of typical China-driver-scenic-pace-plus-random-dangerous-annoyance-and-stupidity. Obviously, we did the leap-frog passing method, but it still sucked.

The ride to the Wall was more interesting in that we got to experience some nice twisties, some dusty and less traveled mountain roads, some dirt roads and muddy roads all within about 50 kilometers. That's what motorcycles are all about. but, we had to slab out on the G6 to get there in relatively heavy traffic. I think it's worth it and I would do it again... and probably would like to find a more interesting way back home than the expressway (hint hint)