Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 2005 Yamoto 150 Dual Sport Bogs at full throttle 
    C-Moto Noob
    So I bought a 2005 150cc Yamoto for dirt cheap and it needed a little work to be done. It has on it a PZ27 carb but it was missing the air fuel screw so it really didn't want to stay lite, so for 15 bucks bought a brand new PZ27 carb on ebay. But this new carb has what looks to be some sort of pump or diaphragm going into the float bowl that is run by a cable, much like the choke. The diaphragm thing was in the way of the frame, so it did not fit. I just put the float bowl from the old carb (no diaphragm) on to the new carb. It bolted up nice with no hole out into the open from the carb. I also put in a new petcock because the old one was leaking (new one is same size). Put in new fuel line, it is same size as the carb float bowl drain tubing. The petcock fuel stem is lowing than the carb fuel stem so the fuel line travels up about an inch and a half. The bike fires up first kick and idles a little high when leaning over on the kick stand, then when the bike is propped in the upright position when i'm about to ride the idle slows down. I can ride fine till about half throttle then if anymore gas is given it starts to bog out/ stutter and will not go faster. I'm thinking either fuel delivery (fuel line) or timing/valves. Any answers or comments will be much obliged.
    -Travis G.

2. #2 Re: 2005 Yamoto 150 Dual Sport Bogs at full throttle 
    Mid 2000s is the golden period of china bike in states, tons of "brand". Pic & Vin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicl...nts_of_the_VIN (Sequential Number is the most unique... NEVER publicize this part to stranger) is more useful than name...
    CG (Ohv) or CB (ohc) ?
    New carb's jet may be wrong, compare those #...[Stock config in 150 PZ27 38 /105] | Float height / [needle] Clip's position...
    Valve clearance OK?

Changed spark plug? Old plug from used vehicle are untrustable [stock Chinese especially]
    NGK 4929 is a good choice
    Last edited by humanbeing; 06-13-2016 at 10:41 PM.

3. #3 Re: 2005 Yamoto 150 Dual Sport Bogs at full throttle 
    C-Moto Noob
    ok so I bought a new spark plug at the store and I had realized while I was changing the carbs i never put the air filter back on so I did, fired the bike up and I ran pretty good. I still think its not revving up all the way though. I looked at the old carb and the jet is a 109 so I think the new carbs jet might be too small (I haven't checked what it is yet). I'll check it out and get back to ya one what I find out. Thanks for all your help.
    -Travis