Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New rider in Beijiing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi im a norwegian student living in Beijng, and maybe gonna continue living here long after im done with the studies, who knows. This may I finally got my motorcycle riding permit after couple of year of deciding to get it. Would have got it sooner if my studies did not come in the way of me attending the one week driving lessons. Anyways so now Im looking for a motorcycle, maybe some people here can point me in the right direction of some shops that I can check out. Im looking for a chinese brand, a motorcross bike at 250cc. If there are other fellow beijing riders here who have such info, just post here or send me a message, or even add me on my wechat, aleksander002. Also would be great to meet other riders for some biking trips, if there are something like that that are being organized once in a while.
    Also have heard about agents that fix your license plate. Where can I find such agents, and how much do they usally take? the shops may maybe fix all of this things or.

2. #2 Re: New rider in Beijiing 
    Welcome! I live in Beijing and go riding frequently on the weekends...

As for shops, I'm sure everyone has their favorite. I bought my current bike from a big shop north of ShangDi on malianwa road. 马连洼路 They've treated me well and they have a lot of motorcycles to look at. The shop you buy your bike from should do everything for you... plate, insurance, etc. As far as what bike to buy, you'll get lots of advice from guys here... I don't know a lot about the dirtbike/dual sport offerings, but a friend has a Shineray 250 and he's very happy with it... If you can spend a bit more money you could go for a Japanese/Chinese venture... Yamaha has a Chinese 250cc dual sport I think...

good luck!

My friend is selling a 300km(!) Shineray X2 from his son who moves to an abroad boarding school. He had/took never time to ride.
    If interested I can build the link. PM me in that case.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC