Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    C-Moto Senior
    What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR, do you use a paddock stand on the forks or do you use one that lifts the head stock or a bike lift?.

If a lift, what type and where would you put it to lift the bike safely, we have a catalytic converter underneath on UK model.

If a paddock stand on head stock is there a another make/model of peg that can be used, it is unlikely we would have CF-650TR fitting here in UK, I know there is a rubber bung in the bottom of fork tube.

2. #2 Re: What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    Hi Phil

Just Changed the tyres front and back for the trip back home on the TR-G and I use paddock stands front and back.
    Here is the set up with my old TR, now with your bike having the short side stands it makes it harder to get the backup first by yourself, so best IMO to get someone to hold the back at 90 Deg and then locate the back paddock stand under the side bobbin.
    I always if you are taking the wheels off the bike then crack the nuts loose when the bike is on the ground first.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg
    Last edited by prince666; 06-24-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    I use a similar one to his ^^ that I found on Taobao but it is completely adjustable width wise and can be used on the front or back. It can be used on tiny or big bikes and it was only 200rmb on taobao.
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

4. #4 Re: What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Phil

Just Changed the tyres front and back for the trip back home on the TR-G and I use paddock stands front and back.
    Here is the set up with my old TR, now with your bike having the short side stands it makes it harder to get the backup first by yourself, so best IMO to get someone to hold the back at 90 Deg and then locate the back paddock stand under the side bobbin.
    I always if you are taking the wheels off the bike then crack the nuts loose when the bike is on the ground first.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg
    Yes that is what I have been looking at getting, I carry a block of would to use when filling tank, so could put that under side stand before attempting to lift it on to paddock stand.

What do people use to do a re-pack of headstock bearings.

5. #5 Re: What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    C-Moto Senior
    I noticed the engine on your old TR is painted silver on ours they are black see pic, pic is not mine but is identical, not yet taken a decent photo of mine.wk650tr.jpg

6. #6 Re: What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    I noticed the engine on your old TR is painted silver on ours they are black see pic, pic is not mine but is identical, not yet taken a decent photo of mine.wk650tr.jpg
    Happens a lot in China run out of sliver then just use black next week waiting to see a yellow engine lol
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #7 Re: What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Happens a lot in China run out of sliver then just use black next week waiting to see a yellow engine lol
    you must admit though, it looks a very classy bike and so smooth at motorway speeds, it is going to be very interesting to see what bits if any fall off the G's on "TheLongWayHome" ride or if they break down, they shouldn't of course unless thrashed.

8. #8 Re: What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    you must admit though, it looks a very classy bike and so smooth at motorway speeds, it is going to be very interesting to see what bits if any fall off the G's on "TheLongWayHome" ride or if they break down, they shouldn't of course unless thrashed.

I think the only bits that will failing of will be "ME" lol

9. #9 Re: What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    C-Moto Senior
    I tried to do a route in Google like the one on the blog but it cannot be calculated, little bit hard to see the towns on the route on little bit of a map.

When you setting off, set a date yet.

10. #10 Re: What do you all use to lift the front of CF-650TR 
    I tried to do a route in Google like the one on the blog but it cannot be calculated, little bit hard to see the towns on the route on little bit of a map.

When you setting off, set a date yet.
    Just about to update the blog phil give me 30 mins ok

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast