I have the months of October off (actually Sept 25 - Oct 30) and am planning on doing some touring. Last week I decided on a theme for the tour - visiting (and climbing) many of the sacred mountains of China https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Mountains_of_China. I welcome fellow motorcyclists to join me on all or any parts of the trip. At this point I don't have a set itinerary. I live nearby Beijing so of course starting from there and probably visiting the closest mountains (North Heng Shan & Wutai Shan) first, then I still have a chance to go back home to regroup or repack as I discover needs. If possible I'l visit all of the 5 great mountains and all of the 4 Sacred Buddhists mountains - but we'll see.

I'm not too sure what to do about National Day week. I'm afraid there may be too much traffic. Or maybe everyone will be on the free expressways and the more interesting s_l_o_w_e_r roads will be clear. Who knows about the expressways are they free all week? or just October 1? I only have one experience with free expressways - the day I picked up my bike from the City was a holiday - it was a hellish 4 hour traffic jam (even on a bike) on what would normally be a 1-1/2 hour ride.

I plan to mostly avoid expressways, but I'm not completely opposed to them if it seems they are the most reasonable way to get from A to B. I haven't yet decided if I'll be camping or not on the trip - I imagine a combination of camping and hotels. Climbing mountains will be day trips so I'd get a hotel for 2 or three days to lock up all the gear from the bike. Getting from mountain to mountain, I could imagine camping along the way.

Anyone interested in joining, pm me