Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 For sale HONDA XR 150 L in Qingdao Shandong 
    C-Moto Noob
    I sell my HONDA XR 150L purchased in Sept 2015. The bike has 750km, I bought it to replace temporarily my stolen X5 Shineray.
    It cannot be licensed, it is an export bike not normally sold in China. A friend who own a motoshop had this one brand new in his shop and I took it.
    It is a very easy bike to drive that can go about anywhere on road and off road. It is like new and wait a new owner in my friend shop after oil and filter change. It has a top case Shad SH40.
    Asking 12000RMB
    Some photos
    Attachment 18695Attachment 18696Attachment 18697Attachment 18698Attachment 18699

2. #2 Re: For sale HONDA XR 150 L in Qingdao Shandong 
    Out of curiosity, how would a bike like this end up in China? I assume this one is manufactured in Thailand, or are they manufactured in China (that would answer my first question, LOL)? Could a foreigner ride this out of the country, or would it have to be shipped out?

C-Moto Noob
    Hello Culcune, this bike must come from Thailand. In my knowledge there is no plant manufacturing this model. There is regular "business" between Thailand and China. To answer your second question I see it impossible since you would show up at a custom with a bike having no license. Shipping out shouldn't be a problem.
    So you buy it ?;-)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

4. #4 Re: For sale HONDA XR 150 L in Qingdao Shandong 
    There's some marked as LTM http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....63&postcount=2
    Made in Thailand is M??
    Last edited by humanbeing; 09-07-2016 at 09:40 AM.

5. #5 Re: For sale HONDA XR 150 L in Qingdao Shandong 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat53 View Post
    Hello Culcune, this bike must come from Thailand. In my knowledge there is no plant manufacturing this model. There is regular "business" between Thailand and China. To answer your second question I see it impossible since you would show up at a custom with a bike having no license. Shipping out shouldn't be a problem.
    So you buy it ?;-)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    I wish I could buy it, but I am quite certain I could not import it to the US due to laws and such

6. #6 Re: For sale HONDA XR 150 L in Qingdao Shandong 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I wish I could buy it, but I am quite certain I could not import it to the US due to laws and such
    Basically the same things, not a Honda however it has a bigger engine.

if you Scrutinized these you would see even the instrumentation is the same, the 150cc OHV is a 229cc OHV with an external balance shaft. Not a Honda it is certainly a modified version of one though. In that they actually improved some things.
    Last edited by MJH; 09-11-2016 at 01:27 PM.

7. #7 Re: For sale HONDA XR 150 L in Qingdao Shandong 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    The circumstances around these has not changed, not really good off road and not really good on the street. There is not that much of a market for dual sports in the USA.
    Adventure bikes are popular though, CSC sold quite a few of the RX3 once that comes out with a larger engine it may be even more popular, but the direct sales business model is limiting.
    The problem is that having dealers adds to the costs and the bikes then approach market prices, the Chinese cannot really beat the prices of products now coming out of Thailand, Indonesia and India.
    They can keep selling small displacement models though the internet, but selling full size bikes that way is really limited.
    Honda is not willing to import all sorts of models into the US that will not sell well, the costs to do so do not justify the potential returns, more about economics then regulations, that are to protect consumers.
    The solution for the Chinese would likely be regional superstores, that sold within each state That have really well trained staff. There are no laws that would prevent anyone from buying a container of Honda XR150L and selling them in the US, gray market sales are not illegal, the sales and support would not be backed by Honda though. So in that a very large regional store could possibly manage to carry a very wide range of products and include models that are not offered in the US but offered in other countries.

8. #8 Re: For sale HONDA XR 150 L in Qingdao Shandong 
    I am eyeballing the Hawk due to my friends being able to get hold of them out of the So. Cal. warehouse for cheap(er) because RPS is trying to get out of that warehouse due to costs. Probably needing a little less than the Hawk as far as what most people discovered they need to do to get them running well are these Bashan versions:

The Shark:

1-l.jpg

and the Brozz (we discussed these a few years ago with the Bashan rep--he is still the rep but the distributor changed for the US):

1-l (1).jpg

9. #9 Re: For sale HONDA XR 150 L in Qingdao Shandong 
    Who is RPS?

10. #10 Re: For sale HONDA XR 150 L in Qingdao Shandong 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast