Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: adrenaline bug

1. #1 adrenaline bug 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi all,my mates grandson has a single seater offroad buggy that had snapped the conrod in the motor ( 7hp subaru generator style engine with a variator type transmission.i thought that id try something a little different & fit a 125cc pulse adrenaline engine that i happened to have sitting around on my garage floor ( for 5+ years ).anyway,remote gears sorted,clutch sorted,drive sorted,throttle linkage sorted & im pretty much down to electrics.from the motor i have 3 yellows going to the pulse adrenaline regulator,2 wires coming out of regulator,white/black stripe - i have run that to earth,red/black stripe - i have run that to the battery positive + ( i also fitted a zenner diode to the red/black so that the voltage cant travel back from the battery to regulator.that leaves a blue wire & a green wire from the cdi pick up & exciter coil ( which way around ?? ).my cdi has 4 wires, blk/yel, green, blk/red, black.any idea which cdi wires connect to what? & do i need to introduce a live ( + ) feed to the cdi.i have looked at a few diagrams,some through this site ( thank you ) but none seem to be clear enough for me to commit myself to & confidently hook up my cdi.any advice would be gratefully received.thanks in advance.

2. #2 Re: adrenaline bug 
    Of course u need connect a "dc +" to ignitor (Nothing in = Nothing out is the truth behind these mystery black box) . This engine is based from Suzuki. As GN/GS 125 don't had source coil for CDI...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by humanbeing; 08-21-2016 at 11:09 PM.

3. #3 Re: adrenaline bug 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi again,thanks for your response to my post,to be honest i was hoping for something a bit more in layman terms,such as .... blk/yel - ign coil,blk/r - cdi pick up,etc,if possible,thanks again.

4. #4 Re: adrenaline bug 
    Pc+ From pick up (Bu from stator as u said ) | VCC : +12V | GND: ground (Another pick up wire & battery's (-) joined together to frame ) | Ign: Ignition
    NO exciter coil (source coil) in this Suzuki family !!!
    ---
    Ref to colour religiously in ANY chinese electric works is 1 of the dumbest idea, some idiot may wired it wrong on purpose ...
    Most chinese bike copied from Japanese design BUT color code might different. Qingqi 125 is using Honda color mostly...
    Japan's BiG 4: http://fanyi.baidu.com/transpage?que...to=en&render=1

5. #5 Re: adrenaline bug 
    C-Moto Noob
    ok,firstly,many thanks for taking the time to try & help me sort this out.this is where im at,i have connected up the wires as shown in the (hopefully) attached pic.something is wrong as i think that i have fried the cdi,not the end of the world as im pretty sure that i have a spare one kicking around.so,spot the not-so deliberate mistake if you can004.jpg

6. #6 Re: adrenaline bug 
    C-Moto Noob
    quick update,i had a chance to have a quick look at pulse adrenaline cdi harness plug,it had the same colour wires as mine & the ign lead (blk/y) is live when the ignition is switched on,the vcc lead (blk) also becomes live.does that info help?

7. #7 Re: adrenaline bug 
    C-Moto Noob
    i dont know if this info may be of use to anyone but the diagram of the short harness that i made did actually work,there was a problem with the regulator that caused my cdi to blow.im running it at the moment without the charge system hooked up & no problems.will replace the regulator at some point.