Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Removing fuel tank connector WK650TR or CF650TK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi I am trying to remove the fuel tank ( need to remove Tupperware ) and there is a hose which is connected to a right angled connector, the hose has a crimped on ring and not a jubilee clip, I am assuming I leave that pipe/connector alone and look at connector/tank, it looks as if the black connector should come off the white spout that appears part of the pump.

Anybody know how to release that connector from the tube it is pushed on to.

2. #2 Re: Removing fuel tank connector WK650TR or CF650TK 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi BigPhil ....

I have had to remove the tank on my 650tk recently. I found it difficult until I realised that you need to press in latches or buttons? On opposite sides of the plug together and pull and wiggle the connector off. A good light, small hands/fingers and patience helps. The cf doesn't use a slide clip like the kawasaki er650 does. To refit the pipe you don't need to press the side of the connect just push it on until you hear it click, give it a twist and pull it a couple of times the make sure it is connected. When you remove the connector make sure you have a rag underneath as there may be some fuel in the pipe.

Hope this helps but you may already worked things out. I was at the same point as yourself and was ready to post the same request.

Ride safe ....

Regds......

3. #3 Re: Removing fuel tank connector WK650TR or CF650TK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by manfriday View Post
    Hi BigPhil ....

I have had to remove the tank on my 650tk recently. I found it difficult until I realised that you need to press in latches or buttons? On opposite sides of the plug together and pull and wiggle the connector off. A good light, small hands/fingers and patience helps. The cf doesn't use a slide clip like the kawasaki er650 does. To refit the pipe you don't need to press the side of the connect just push it on until you hear it click, give it a twist and pull it a couple of times the make sure it is connected. When you remove the connector make sure you have a rag underneath as there may be some fuel in the pipe.

Hope this helps but you may already worked things out. I was at the same point as yourself and was ready to post the same request.

Ride safe ....

Regds......
    Managed it eventually after Googling the type of connector then realised it was a quick release by squeezing the buttons, the rubber pipes were the hardest to get off, then I lost a clip, could I find it at first, it had to be found though in case it went in the chain, I did eventually find it.

4. #4 Re: Removing fuel tank connector WK650TR or CF650TK 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi .... same problem, I know those clips are really difficult to slide back as you cant seem to grip them enough to open them up.

Glad you got sorted....

Regds ...

5. #5 Re: Removing fuel tank connector WK650TR or CF650TK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by manfriday View Post
    Hi .... same problem, I know those clips are really difficult to slide back as you cant seem to grip them enough to open them up.

Glad you got sorted....

Regds ...
    I got the 2 different rubber tubes off with a bit of help, because they were different OD sizes, I thought they would be different tubes in the tank, wrong! the ID of the rubber tubes is the same, now I do not know which tube goes on which pipe on tank or does it not matter. I think I have them correct thin tube at rear, thicker tube at front but not sure.

6. #6 Re: Removing fuel tank connector WK650TR or CF650TK 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPhil View Post
    I got the 2 different rubber tubes off with a bit of help, because they were different OD sizes, I thought they would be different tubes in the tank, wrong! the ID of the rubber tubes is the same, now I do not know which tube goes on which pipe on tank or does it not matter. I think I have them correct thin tube at rear, thicker tube at front but not sure.
    Bought a tool off AliExpress for squeezing the buttons on the connector, just the job, easy now