Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Nexx Helmet 2016 XD1 
    Anyone ever own a Nexx helmet?

I am not very familiar with them but in China it seems quality helmets are extremely expensive. Either way I am getting a great deal on the 2016 Nexx XD1. $100 cheaper then the states. Not only does it match my bike but its got a wide view range, 3 gopro mounting areas, multiple vents for summer, removable visor, built in xcom and designed for Sena.

I have been using an LS2 and it was super uncomfy and cheap. Not sure if I want to spend money on the Nexx or cough up a lot more for a decent Arai and Shoei.

I have a huge oval head so a lot of the cheaper helmets do not fit. Every time the helmet shape is more oval vs round it seems like the price is also higher :(

The helmet looks great though. I just want something that is really good quality not just full of features. Never owning a Nexx it leaves me wondering. What's the word?

GetImage.jpg
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

2. #2 Re: Nexx Helmet 2016 XD1 
    I think it's a great helmet if you can find it in the $300.00 USD price range. If you're paying the suggested $499.00 USD price, you might be a little disappointed if you're used to a Shoei or Arai level of quality. I've tried several different "Adventure" style helmets and went back to the Shoei Neotec as I think modular is still the way to go.

3. #3 Re: Nexx Helmet 2016 XD1 
    Hi
    Have a look at the LS2 Metro {new model} have been using this on my trip just now been very impressed with the LS2 range and can be found on Taobao for very good price.
    My normal crash helmet is the Shark Evo 2?
    Worth having a look IMO .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: Nexx Helmet 2016 XD1 
    Well...

I got it for really cheap compared to America. It even came with free pinlock insert. The fit is perfect. Feels like it is way higher quality then the LS2's.

I bought a LS2 and used it for 2 years but after the first summer the liner wore out and it become uncomfortable. Plus the LS2's seem a little to round for me and I prefer a more oval shape for my head.

Thanks for the advice though! Ill let you know how it holds up :)
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone