Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 skyteam v-raptor 250 upgrade 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and also new to skyteam. I have the bike for about a month (got it preowned, 2013, 4200 km) and I like it a lot.
    Some changes have been made and some are going to be done. I'll do most of it myself and things I'm not sure/do-not-know, I'll leave for the mechanic:

Some paint job
    remove side covers
    cone air filter fitted
    carb will be replaced with mikuni VM30-83 (not sure about the model though, this is for the mechanic..)
    exhaust muffler slip-on

The muffler is where I need your help guys:
    The outer diameter of the pipe where it gets into the muffler is 32mm. However, I cant find a muffler with 32mm inlet. Most of the mufflers I see are 38-51mm with a reducing sleeve to not less than 1.5" (about 35mm) which is steal larger than the pipe.

currently on the original muffler (which is a 38mm) there is a seal bushing that cannot be taken out without being destroyed.

Any idea?

Thanks
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: skyteam v-raptor 250 upgrade 

3. #3 Re: skyteam v-raptor 250 upgrade 
    As you can imagine that one is NOT a legal replacement, LOL
    It's a Highway Hawk Megaton or Megafon model (easily found on ebay or elsewhere online or in shops) bought for 69 euros
    It took my welding guy more than a hour or so to adapt
    moreover, it was WAY too loud as it came from the shipping box so based upon advice of the seller I got a VW Beetle DBkiller inserted inside for road use
    the result it's quite nice, in terms of looks, weight spare and noise (a bit beefier as desired, especially when revving to higher RPM ranges)
    P.S. forgot to tell you that the same magic welder had removed catalyzer from the exhaust few months ago.............;-)

4. #4 Re: skyteam v-raptor 250 upgrade 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey doc:)

Thanks for your words, but I've already got this one:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262102040919

Still waiting for the muffler to arrive though...

5. #5 Re: skyteam v-raptor 250 upgrade 
    wish I could post that my raptor was easily reaching 120 km/h like a friend said before on another forum discussion in some other website dedicated to chinese motorcycles...............not sure if I ever reached that, but surely it took a LOOOOOONG launch to do so
    moreover, travelling for too long at that speed, each and every time I f**k up some headlight or taillight bulb or some other part gets lost due to heavy vibrations
    since I still have a pretty heavy hand on throttle, few days ago I almost messed up my engine during a highway speeding..............engine suddenly lost power and almost died so I instantly pulled clutch to avoid tire block and stopped in a park area
    few minutes after I slowly moved to my mechanic with a strange sound coming from engine head
    he confirmed my suspect about a initial seizure (not sure if this is the right to define piston and cylinder starting to get stuck due to overheating, although oil level was ok, but this happened to me in the past on both 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines while I was speeding a lot for too long)
    he suggested me to just get going and avoid further speeding cause this bike is not meant to be used like that, but the noise is still there and I feel frustrated as anybody can imagine..............what's the use in riding a bike when you cannot speed from time to time ?
    it sounds like riding a ill horse that can just trot and not gallop...........
    he thinks the only reason to open engine would be substituting the whole power unit (piston, cylinder ans so on) and so far it's not worth the expense
    anyhow, should this be the case, does any of you raptor owners out there know about websites where I can find aftermarket pieces (even better if they are NOT from Skyteam and if displacement is a bit bigger than 223 cc) ???

6. #6 Re: skyteam v-raptor 250 upgrade 
    C-Moto Noob
    You Better consult a mechanic before, but as far as I understood the engine is a Honda 223 replica (found on some models like the FTR, CB, CRF). Maybe worth it for Honda parts.