Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi All,

Recently I bought a bike called an "SSR SR205S", also known as the Asiawing NC250. So far, it's been a great bike. I know that it's a rough copy of the Honda CRF250X, and it's known by many other names in countries where other importers exist.

If you have one of these bikes and are looking for information about it, I've started a page:

http://farqual.gooseyard.com/ssr250s/

where I hope to accumulate information about parts a procedures for working on the NC250 and its derivatives. If you have one, please take a look and send me any information you have!

2. #2 Re: Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    Welcome and thanks for the link--you have a lot of information there! I am not sure if you are familiar with chinariders.net, but that site has many more North American members, so I am guessing you might find a fellow owner (have not recalled anyone mentioning buying one, however) or people interested in the bike. There are quite a few RX3 members, so you will have the engine to compare (I know, the US RX is 6 speed and fuel injected, but a few overseas RX3 members with carbed RX3s have joined us).

3. #3 Re: Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Welcome and thanks for the link--you have a lot of information there! I am not sure if you are familiar with chinariders.net,
    I am! Actually I think I learned about chinariders.net from another post here, the two of them together have been a really great resource. I think the best part about your forum is that it's easy in the US to only read about the big four and the various european makers, it's kind of overwhelming to discover how many manufacturers exist in China with bikes I've never seen before, and it's been a lot of fun to study the relationships between the companies. It makes me want to learn to read a bit of Chinese writing!

Thanks for the kind welcome, and I'm excited to be following the site!

4. #4 Re: Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    Hi and welcome to MCM

VERY good blog about the bike and with good information and stuff like this don't take 10 mins to do .
    So a big thanks in posting your blog web page.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    I don't take credit for chinariders, but I am probably among the members with the longest time as a member. Here, possibly, too. I remember when 'Crazy Carl' started this site when he was living and working at a university in Chengdu. That is when many ex-pats from various countries who had moved to China joined up. That was also the time of 'free love, peace, etc'--no, just kidding, but it was the mid-2000s, and one could fly to China, buy a cheap enduro, brand new, strap on a bunch of luggage, and tour China. All you needed was a Chinese citizen who would register the bike in their name. Well, this went on, as well as many ex-pats into motorsports buying bikes to ride around and joining and posting here. Then, the fun was gone--one needed a license (one always did, but for foreigners, it seemed the cops didn't care), and many cities banned bikes, and foreigners without licenses were getting arrested and sent to jail and then deported if they were caught riding. I remember one guy with a Chang Jiang sidecar videoing himself sitting in the sidecar while a cop rode him to jail, narrating the whole time. I do remember him mentioning in the description getting thrown out of China. Many China-based members have gone on and become legally licensed and own bikes in their own names (not sure if that is possible) or at least their Chinese spouses' names.

Carl is now the editor and publisher of ADVMoto (and had moved back several years ago to the US, in Virginia), and this site still attracts quite a few international members with China bikes, while Chinariders attracts many North Americans (Canadians and US residents) as well as a sprinkling of international members.

6. #6 Re: Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    (not sure if that is possible).
    Yes the law allows you to register the bike in your name? In my case my "Chinese name".
    But like most things in China all the boxs must be ticked ?

P.s. The fun is still there but you just need to be legel and so you should you could not ride in the USA and expect all will be fine?
    Last edited by prince666; 09-29-2016 at 07:10 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #7 Re: Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    I completely agree with the legal part. I just remember several people posting about their riding experiences in China when it was kind of, sort of, the wild east when it came to riding. I believe the roads were much less crowded back then, which helped with the safety. Once the word got out, however, and the government encouraged seemingly everyone into cars, my guess is safety went down and more and more tourists were getting hurt or injured, not to mention the streets filling up with bikes (hence the bans).

I do recall many people inquiring about riding in China on Horizonsunlimited, trying to find ex-pats who lived there to point them in the 'right direction' of getting bikes, and such, and ex-pats started encouraging these people to find a new bucket list item as the government was already cracking down (probably later 2000s), and as you pointed out--'would you expect tourists to simply show up to _______(name your country) and hop on a bike and ride around?'

Ok, back to Asiawing--can anyone find if it is merely their site that is down, or is something more going on? Their newest site had a limited number of bikes, but the few they showed looked great, as this 250 MX bike does, as well as the 450 version. They showed an adventure bike which was designed by the French importer of Asiawing (and is shown on the French site). They (Asiawing of China's site) were mentioning a bobber, and did not have any photos or drawings, just the words 'coming soon.'

8. #8 Re: Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    Hi Culcune
    I am in contact by way of WeChat with a guy called Patrick who works for that France based importer you are talking about, Patrick is based in Shandong province near the factory with his job is the QC for the French importer.
    So he is in and out of the factory all day long.
    And knows more about the set up and the bikes made then anyone else outside China IMO.
    I sent Patrick the link to this thread last night but he was just about to board a plane back to France.
    So I hope at some point he can chip in with his feed back about the bike.
    Last edited by prince666; 09-29-2016 at 07:14 AM.

9. #9 Re: Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    Thank you!! He could possibly give us some add some insight to GooseYArd's MX 250 and any updates planned!!

10. #10 Re: Asiawing NC250, SSR SR250S 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the info on the nc250 gooseyard what a great help.
    Just wondering if you have a service manual or would know of manual that closely resembles the nc250?
    Ive got x2 crossfires that need rebuilds
    A manual would be a great start
    I'll be using your blog as a reference during rebuilds
    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast