Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Are Benelli bikes big fat lemons.... 
    You are more then welcome Bill with the help I have given.

Generally bikes do go out off there way to help other bikes.

And I am no exception to this rule.

Take note Mr seller nickname "The vanishing Man".

Like you Bill I was so happy to see the bike all repaired and ready to run after the new tank was fitted.

You are being too kind towards the bike when you say it not that badly made ?

If a may Bill remind you about the front fork seals which you tell me you had replaced shortly after you purchase the bike from the Vanishing Man which at that time the bike has clocked up about 15.000 km correct if I am wrong.

And on a very quick inspection of your bike the other day the right hand seal has gone again.

Bike now 22.000km ?

Sorry Bill a well designed and made bike front fork seals don't generally need replacing so soon .

And if a may again Bill point out to the readers about the top bike frame because this thread is about "Are Benelli bikes lemons".

After we adjusted your rear chain I noticed your number plate was not center to the tyre which is should be.

You told me you had a small lay down with the bike the other day on some off-road stuff?
    And that the side box took all the impact on the fall.

And this has pushed the top sub frame out by about 100mm.
    On inspection off the side box no visual damage can be seen so it fair to say the fall with fairly light.

IMO then the bike is not designed to take side box or it's again a poorly designed and manufacted bike.
    On riding with you today I do like the look and the sound of the bike and it had handel the extra kg you are carrying very well and we have at times not been going slow and it has great profurmance and handles the road very good.

Would i buy one A BIG FAT NO.

With the knowalage you have with the bike now would you ?

So I thank you very much to chime in with your oppion about your Benelli bike.

But I am sorry to say it's still gets the Big Fat Lemon award.

OI000708.jpg

You can see have much the rear top frame is out off alignment.

OI000703.jpg

Bill on his well packed and maybe a bit overloaded bike.

OI000086.jpg

After 46.000km and 90 days having to load and unload the bike every night you learn how to streamline a loaded bike
    Easy on easy off.

OI000711.jpg

Even with a lemon bike prevention is better the a cure..... Bill oiling the chian.

20161006_204346.jpg

A very nice man looking happy with the bike nearly ready to go.
    Last edited by prince666; 10-07-2016 at 08:24 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Looool
    Mailand or Madrid --> Main thing is Italy
    Bikes: In Germany Ducati Diavel AMG#259; China Benelli 600GS with Loud Pipes, since they save life's....

3. #23 Re: Are Benelli bikes big fat lemons.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaveldav View Post
    Looool
    I don't think is funny And I am sure Bill don't think is funny and I am certain other people don't think it funny Dave that you sold him a lemon bike.
    Just goes to show people what type off person you really are.

Yes as you are looking in at the thread when does a tank become a moving part from your expereance as a Germany enginerer.
    Naff Said.
    Last edited by prince666; 10-07-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #24 Re: Are Benelli bikes big fat lemons.... 
    C-Moto Regular
    Jackson Hole by GuYaJu, Yanqing county, Beijing. And sometimes west coast of Canada.
    Well Prince, you may be a "nice asshole", but you are still an asshole. It appears that your vendetta with David is clouding your judgement. My guess is David is laughing at your relentless attack on him and your LFZ comment about a gas tank not being a moving part (what does that really have to do with anything anyway).

In person the "nice" part of you is more evident, but in text the "asshole" aspect shows up front and center.

It would probably be wise for you to just drop whatever issues you have with Dave and get on with life.

That my bike is a"lemon" is your opinion, not a fact. Just because you think it is a lemon does not mean everyone does. I believe Dave thinks he sold me a motorcycle, not a lemon. And some day, I hope to sell this motorcycle to someone else. And I hope your vendetta with Dave has not ruined my chances of ever selling this bike through the forum.

Enough said.
    In China: 2013 Benelli 600gs
    In Canada: 1980-'85 Shovester (under construction), 1983 kz440

5. #25 Re: Are Benelli bikes big fat lemons.... 
    Good to see you got the bike fixed and are back enjoying the ride. Thanks for the pictures as it is helpful to see what others encounter so as to know how others to handle things when they go bad. Keep safe and best of luck for the rest of your riding in the middle kingdom.....
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

Quote Originally Posted by billeuze View Post
    Well Prince, you may be a "nice asshole", but you are still an asshole. It appears that your vendetta with David is clouding your judgement. My guess is David is laughing at your relentless attack on him and your LFZ comment about a gas tank not being a moving part (what does that really have to do with anything anyway).

In person the "nice" part of you is more evident, but in text the "asshole" aspect shows up front and center.

It would probably be wise for you to just drop whatever issues you have with Dave and get on with life.

That my bike is a"lemon" is your opinion, not a fact. Just because you think it is a lemon does not mean everyone does. I believe Dave thinks he sold me a motorcycle, not a lemon. And some day, I hope to sell this motorcycle to someone else. And I hope your vendetta with Dave has not ruined my chances of ever selling this bike through the forum.

Enough said.
    Hi Bill,

Exactly this is the point. I'm not laughing on the issues as this is really unfortunate and I'm sorry for it, but on a guy from outside who appears to believe he can make judgements from far away. Despite he doesn't know me personally nor he was ever involved or has seen the bike. That's why I laugh, seeing a guy loosing his temper but having no background info or seen the bike ever before....

Yes, I'm sorry that you have had trouble with the bike, but I don't think I have sold you a lemon. And I don't think you feel like that.

For me is important that you have a save trip, enjoy the rest of the days and yes, I'm completely jealous on this trip you made. Big respect from my side!

BR
    David
    Mailand or Madrid --> Main thing is Italy
    Bikes: In Germany Ducati Diavel AMG#259; China Benelli 600GS with Loud Pipes, since they save life's....

Bill, be happy u skipped Hua Shan. I just read the crowd was soo big that the cable lifter ran out of capacity and later some wind came up making them stop the transport. So people had to spent their night up on the top. ... But they got blankets and water supplied.
    Could have been u ...

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

8. #28 Re: Are Benelli bikes big fat lemons.... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I don't post often here, but I'm an American living in Xiamen, I speak Chinese and toured a Yamaha 250 to Yunnan and back this summer, also doing research and switching to a CFMoto 650.

In every province I went to, I asked Chinese riders' opinions on the Benelli v. CFMoto argument. The Benellis seem to be universally loathed, particularly the pre-2015 BJ series. I've heard better things about post 2015 BN600s. Apparently they made a large number of quality improvements in 2015 after the bike became famous for basically falling apart in minor crashes - The bike's Chinese name "HuangLong" or Yellow Dragon being referred to as DuanTouLong or Broken Head Dragon. I know one guy whose bike slid on a mountain curve at 40kph and the swingarm literally twisted, he needed a major repair. I know another guy who got into a 35kph fender bender, the triple tree apparently came apart and the handlebars somehow tore into his stomach - sounds weird, I wasn't there but he showed me the stitches.

Most Chinese bikers told me the CFMoto is for serious bikers, the Benelli is for people who want to seem cool or "zhuangbi". I say to each his own, but I just wanted to put my input as someone who talks to the Chinese bikers regularly and is in too many Chinese motorcycle WeChat groups where Benelli is pretty universally derided. I think the export versions of the bike must be pretty good but domestically QJiang seems to have cut too many corners and damaged the Benelli brand name.

9. #29 Re: Are Benelli bikes big fat lemons.... 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thanks for the input Steve. Benelli bike are very popular where I live as the factory is here and its easy to get them fixed nevertheless CFmotos are gaining ground with the new design for 2016 and the 400cc version of the NK which is RMB10000 cheaper. Ive heard some good stories about CFmotos but we also had some bad ones here on MCM.

p.s. if you are in all those bike wechat groups, have you heard anything about the 2016 Shineray X5? they meant to be significantly improved

10. #30 Re: Are Benelli bikes big fat lemons.... 
    It was very nice of you Prince to help out with the repair

I won't get into the argument about selling lemons, but I will stand up for that fork seal. Based on the photos, that motorcycle is completely overloaded. Based on the story, the owner is touring China, which is prone to sections of very bad roads. The forks are probably not that great to begin with, however, stiffer springs and heaver oil should have been part of the prep for a trip like this. Those forks don't stand a chance in their current state.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast