Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Two flat tires, need help picking new ones... 
    I am confused, that first link I sent you was for a 120/70/17. So that tire should be fine. It says front tire right in the picture.

The second was for a 150/70/17 rear. Had several options on taobao though so you should be able to get a 150 or 160/60/17

tire.jpg
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

2. #22 Re: Two flat tires, need help picking new ones... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mot View Post
    What sorcery is this?!
    Also somebody is going to have to school me on getting unfettered access to the outside world. I'm not sure what's ok to discuss in a public forum, but... My connection gets throttled to zero within seconds. Two different services. Its automated, the ports I am using get closed. I gave up long ago.
    First of wall... What VPN do you use? Who is your ISP?

The best isp for leniency and using a vpn seems to be China Unicom. I have tried at least 5 isp's now and they seem to be the best.

Next, get a good VPN like express. Yes it costs more but significantly improves your life experience. I have tried everything. Viper, smart, pure, nord etc... nothing compares to the quality of express vpn. If you do get it, let me know. If I refer you we both get a free extra month.

With those two things I get about 15m down and 3m up and everything is available. Without vpn though, my connection is 50m fiber.

The next thing you can do is change to a good Korean DNS, I have the best luck with Korean DNS's. US and Chinese DNS's seem to lag terribly.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have trouble with that sort of thing. I am happy to help sort it out.
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

3. #23 Re: Two flat tires, need help picking new ones... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptomatic View Post
    I am confused, that first link I sent you was for a 120/70/17. So that tire should be fine. It says front tire right in the picture.

The second was for a 150/70/17 rear. Had several options on taobao though so you should be able to get a 150 or 160/60/17
    It's me that was confused. I went to the Shinko Korea site to look at the sizes and specs, thinking it would be the most comprehensive.

120/90 was the smallest 17 inch tire they listed, so I went back to the open taobao window to confirm the size and apparently flipped to the wrong one. In my excitement I had too many pages open.

http://www.shinkotire.co.kr/02produc...ode=AA00050044

The Shinko US page lists more sizes including the 120/70 front and further clarifies the 120/90 is front/rear tire. I am just having dumb luck.

http://www.shinkotireusa.com/tire/705-series

4. #24 Re: Two flat tires, need help picking new ones... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptomatic View Post
    First of wall... What VPN do you use? Who is your ISP?...
    Feel free to shoot me a message if you have trouble with that sort of thing. I am happy to help sort it out.
    Thanks for the info! That would be a massive increase in my quality of life.

Viper and Private Internet Access, China Telecom. 50M fiber similar to yours. If there's one thing we have out here in the sticks it's fiber. It's a mangled rats nest strung from house to house, but it works.

5. #25 Re: Two flat tires, need help picking new ones... 
    Ended up with the Pirelli Scorpion Trail due mostly to price and availability. Very little experience, but so far I am impressed with the wet adhesion. I presume due to high silica content.

To park at home I must ride up a semi slick granite slab that serves as a "bike ramp" to clear 5 stairs. The intention of course is to push your bicycle up and down the ramp as you walk alongside on the stairs.

If there's any moisture you'll bust yourself attempting to walk up or down the ramp itself. The neighborhood kids make a sport of it. The electric scooter spins all the way up. My Duke's stock Conti Sport Attacks required a good rolling start and would still slip the rear enough to scuff the tire all the way around. The Pirellis just dug in and climbed right up the wet ramp, no discernible slip.

I might try the Shinkos next time if I find I need more off-road capability, but even the most glowing reviews were qualified with "great tire for the price". Unfortunately the Shinkos are priced like a premium tire here。

Round and Black:

8079059812154408332.jpg
    16037252926177482.jpg
    7946773514818934762.jpg

I also installed a USB power port:

1979065972294025892.jpg7343243264269373102.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123