Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 CFMOTO 650nk gremlins 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, first time poster from Australia here so hopefully this is in the right spot. I have recently purchased a second hand November 2013 build 650nk, and so far since I have had it for the last month I have has the fi light come on just about every time I have had it out. First up error code 12 and engine revving at 2500rpm at idle, turned out it was a tps, all good replaced that and calibrated, now on its second trip out it has a new issue, error code 11. Figured the injector on number 1 was the issue so I swapped injector one and two over to see if the fault code would follow the injector, well it kind of did, now I'm still getting error code 11, but also error code 16 now. This bike seems to be cursed, and I'm really hoping it's not a ecu as I've been quoted over $1000 for one. I've left the ecu unplugged for a couple of hours and also tried every sequence to reset the computer codes I could find on this forum but it won't get rid of that pesky flashing light. I've checks the wiring, checked the injectors and all is good, funny thing is the bike starts and runs fine, it's got me beat, any help would be much appreciated...

Aussie 650NKer

2. #2 Re: CFMOTO 650nk gremlins 
    Mine flashes on start-up because it's asking for a service but the usual code clearing doesn't work on my bike for some reason. If the bike runs OK I'd just put some gaffa tape over the flashing light!

3. #3 Re: CFMOTO 650nk gremlins 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just a quick update, ecu has been checked fine, turns out I was reading the codes wrong, error 11 is 1 and error 16 is 6. Found I had left the air sensor disconnected by mistake when putting the air box back in and that error cleared. The error 1 low tps has been found to be caused by a incorrectly calibrated replacement tps. The previous owner has removed the LAMS restriction throttle stop block and in the process it cracked the mount off the side of the throttle body, that mount is also used as a stop for the return Spring for the throttle and to hold tension on the return Spring for the throttle body. When bike shop calibrated the tps the initial 0 position was really partially opened throttle so when wound back by hand instead of 0 position it was going negative and bringing up low tps. Bike shop guy calibrated tps by manually moving the position from holding fully closed to full open then throttle linkage at the throttle bodies and all is good. I've made a temp bracket for the return Spring to hold tension and works a treat until my new throttle body setup turns up.. Hope this fixes this bike once and for all......