Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hi from NE Lancs 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi,
    Looks a great forum for help, hints and tips, which I am sure I will need in the near future.
    I have a recently purchased Lexmoto Arizona 125 and just love it even after reading all the mostly crap about chinese bikes.
    Sure there are some issues, bur eh, at the prices of these bikes compared to an umteen year Honda etc it's a no brainer.

I am spanner capable so not too daunted with breakdowns but will need guidance on what causes what and any other issues,

I have up to now added, indicator beeper, homemade chain oiler, daylight running LED's, Turn/stop LED's to my top box, USB socket, power socket for my homemade heated jacket..
    Also replaced the rear and front sprockets and chain.

Pity the winter is coming but managed 400 kms in the last three weeks so just getting used to the quirks etc.

One thing I have just noticed is erratic tickover which only showed on starting today, placed in my garaged last night and seemed perfect

I will place this in the correct part of the forum to see if any advice can be given as to what it may be.

Cheers
    John

2. #2 Re: Hi from NE Lancs 
    Mr. Zongshen (ex. bike mechanic) knows how to play the game... They had racing team & pays $$$ develop their newer engine (NC250... as found in Honley rx3 ). In domestic market this Arizona had a selling point fitted w/ Showa forks...

3. #3 Re: Hi from NE Lancs 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the info, just love the retro look and the basic 4 stroke with no electronics to ponder about.

The uneven tickover was caused by the ERG valve,. Disconnected the feed from the ERG to the inlet manifold and blanked it off..no hunting or erratic tickover..great.

will take the valve off and have a poke around see what may be the problem...

John