Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New China Motorcycle News magazine ready to read (Benelli, CFmoto, XG Jao, and more) 
    C-Moto Senior englishman in china's Avatar
    Click on link to read magazine

http://www.chinamotorcyclenews.com/

november cover-page-001.jpg[/URL]
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: New China Motorcycle News magazine ready to read (Benelli, CFmoto, XG Jao, and mo 
    Thanks again for a great magazine! Have you considered having regional perspective (i.e. a reporter from the US, UK, France, Africa, etc)?

3. #3 Re: New China Motorcycle News magazine ready to read (Benelli, CFmoto, XG Jao, and mo 
    Hello there, I would love to have regional perspectives but it is difficult as there is very little info available on the Chinese industry in many countries. I have journalistic partners around the world but the news pretty much goes one way, from me to them. I do have interviews with moto trade people from many countries and ask their opinion on the Chinese industry but that's about all I can do at the moment.

If anyone wants to submit their views on Chinese bikes in their countries I would love to see them and include them in China Motorcycle News.

4. #4 Re: New China Motorcycle News magazine ready to read (Benelli, CFmoto, XG Jao, and mo 
    I could try to come up with articles of some sort; a friend owns a distributorship who have become the distributor for TGB Scooters, so they don't really carry Chinese bikes anymore, but will distribute them since their business is in the so-called inland empire area outside of Los Angeles where several distributors of Chinese brands are located. The manager is also my friend, and he is friends with American Lifan's head guy who is reviving the brand for the US. Not too far is Zongshen's main distributor (maybe exclusive) California Scooter Company who were instrumental in bringing the RX3 to the US, and more recently the TT250 enduro and the RC3 sportbike. Joe Berk ( I believe he is a member here, but he is far more active on Chinariders.net) is the manager/cheerleader for CSC, and has a blog and whatnot. Heck, he even wrote a book on what it took to bring the RX3 to market in the US, LOL! He could definitely report on Zongshen in the US--no problem!! I am trying to work an angle through my friend on having Lifan loan me a KPR200 to commute on since I commute daily, year round, including the brutal summers we have down here in the desert southwest. I know that would be something of interest for an article, even if it sounds kind of boring with me writing this to you...

5. #5 Re: New China Motorcycle News magazine ready to read (Benelli, CFmoto, XG Jao, and mo 
    I'd love to do a book review of Joe Berk's book!

All that you have mentioned sounds great.

6. #6 Re: New China Motorcycle News magazine ready to read (Benelli, CFmoto, XG Jao, and mo 
    Contact these people they are seeking a manufacturing source for the copy of the tricker and honda broz that can be put through EPA and DOT, they are currently importing versions that are only off road compliant from Hensim. They claim Hensim cannot provide DOT versions? They sell them for under $1,400.00 delivered, however getting them plated in every state is preventing sales.

They could also benefit from better eCommerce, web page development to.

Point is they are bringing bikes to the market and cheap, however clicking on buy now gets you a motorcycle that you may or may not be able to register to ride on the street.

I would think getting a version of the latest loncin 223cc with a CV carb compliant opens up the possibility of multiple models with that better engine, the key to that is factory costs adding in the costs of compliance?

I would say $2,000 -$2,500.00 delivered for any offering with that engine would do well, that be a price delivered to the customers. The margins have to be similar but everything moves up, including the prices.

I would pay $2,500.00 for the Scrambler if it had the Loncin engine and a CV carb, also a six gear. I would also consider the CR5.

If the inventory languishes then prices should fall to clear them each year, $1,800.00 to $2,300.00.

That is a matter of seeking various manufactures to make models utilizing the same engine. Most of the offerings today use the 229cc OHV and it is not as good an engine. Using the better engine justifies higher prices.

https://www.360powersports.com/cheap...show=30&page=2

7. #7 Re: New China Motorcycle News magazine ready to read (Benelli, CFmoto, XG Jao, and mo 
    I will give them a shout, cheers mate.

8. #8 Re: New China Motorcycle News magazine ready to read (Benelli, CFmoto, XG Jao, and mo 
    The EURO 4 standards are the highest, I believe they will require EFI and ABS for all offerings above 125cc, they also require an OB diagnostics port. That considered any offering that meets that EUORO 4 standard should also pass in China and the North American markets. If smart offerings would come out of the factories with CCC/Euro4/EPA/FMVSS compliance.
    I do not believe that Huange is seeking to export model with the YF300 Loncin to the EU, they obviously intend on selling into the Chinese market though.
    The Tekken could it be developed into a 300 version, if it was it could get a wider market. Also, your new scrambler could it get the Shineray 400 RFVC?
    If you want to sell in North America and can develop more marketable models, then genuine scooter is interested in distributing offerings under a moniker of genuine motorcycles.