Greetings All,

I have a copy of Garmin City Navigator v6 which I've not yet used in China (I used Garmin's World Map on my last visit).

Garmin also has the newest version for sale on their web site https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=30217# which was supposedly updated just before the Olympics this year.

I've read in more than one place on the web that this map has some sort of accuracy error that makes it basically useless. I've also read that it can be fixed by just adding a file or two to the folder where the map files reside.

I contacted Garmin directly and they told me they know there is a problem with this product but they don't have a fix. However, if I purchase it in China, it "should" work properly. I replied to them that I thought it was quite strange that they would have a product that worked in this manner. I asked for a clarification and if they would guarantee that the product purchased in China would work, but I never rec'd a reply.

So, is anyone out there already using the v6 or newer product? If so, any input?

Cheers,

Dan K.
Black Hawk, CO