Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pennstlong View Post
    Hi Dan,

I got one of those Garmin Nuvi200w GPS here, seriously, unless you can read chinese. The chinese GPS maps are almost useless for you, because all of the signs on the street and on the GPS are in Chinese.

The way I do it, is to get someone who can read Chinese for you first and name the waypoint to english as a saved destination

I can set you up with the Chinese map on Garmin in about an hour. but not sure if it is going to work for you.

regards
    Pennstlong
    Thanks for the offer. The map that I've got uses PinYin to spell out the place names. I know that place names on signs will usually be in simplified characters, but that's not a problem.

I'm not using the GPS to plot routes, just to mark known points and give me a general sense of direction. Should be sufficient for that.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Quote Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post
    Thanks for the offer. The map that I've got uses PinYin to spell out the place names. I know that place names on signs will usually be in simplified characters, but that's not a problem.

I'm not using the GPS to plot routes, just to mark known points and give me a general sense of direction. Should be sufficient for that.

Cheers,

Dan K.
    That's what I use it for.It gives me a general idea where I am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12