Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Getting a motorcycle license in Xinjiang 
    I have my resident visa now so I try and do the right thing and apply for my motorcycle license.

Here is what I am told by someone in high authority in police traffic bureau.

I can go for my car license but I have to wait 3 years and that will be at the police discretion whether it is 3 years before I can sit for my Motorcycle license.

So I have some options

1:Ride illegally.

I am not going to do that. I agree with Chinabiker that it is just not right.I am told the penalty that you or I would pay here if you or I have a accident even if it is not my fault are quite heavy.
    I get pissed off when people ride/drive with out a license in Australia and have an accident even more so when they have an accident and there from another country try and flee the country.

2: Give up on the idea of riding a motorcycle around here and get a car license and purchase a 4wd.
    This is annoying as I have found the perfect bike for up here and the riding up here would have to be some of the most diverse riding in the world.

[IMG][/IMG]

3: I asked can I go to other provinces in China and get my motorcycle license and come back and ride legally and they said yes reluctantly.

So I am asking other people in China who have got there license legally in China can I come down and can you help me get my license down there PLEASE.
    Last edited by bigdamo; 04-29-2009 at 02:06 AM.