Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    I just posted a photo of the bike that I would get if I had a license.
    Where did you post that
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    Where did you post that
    I just add the photo to this thread.(I just worked out how to add photos from photo web sites)

[IMG][/IMG]

They had a BMW there too among other Jap and Euro bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    I just add the photo to this thread.(I just worked out how to add photos from photo web sites)

[IMG][/IMG]

Oh, I see. You edited the first post in this thread, that's why I couldn't find it. I still see the img code before and after the picture.

Two ways to post a picture (the result is the same):

1. use the "Insert Image" icon and only paste the picture location in the pop up box and click ok - in your case
    Code:
    http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt98/bigdamo888/shihezihighschoolteacherscarnival12.jpg
    or

2. type without using the "Insert Image" icon

In both cases it will only show the image, without the [IMG] and [/IMG]

The second one is good if you prepare your post in a text editor, particularly when you hav many pics to add.
    Andy

This is where I am at in getting my License here.

They said i can get a motorcycle and car license now just have to prove when I got my license.

Ok I get my driving license report from back home took a bit over a week.

Show them(police) they now don't beleive it because I got my license when I was 17 years old.It is 18 here in China.

They now want another official letter from the athorities back home stating the legal age you can aquire a license.This could be hard.

This all because foreigners came here before and rorted the system.

That another two people died on a motorcycle last week here.

Go to your embassy! Write a statement in English that in Australia you can get a license at 17, and get someone Chinese to translate it. Bring it all to your embassy and pay them to stamp it. (costs 200-1000 yuan depending on the country). Bring that back to the cops.

If that doesn't work, talk to your boss, tell him that not having a car or motorcycle effects your 'quality of life', and that you 'may need to reassess your options', as you are not being given the quality of life you feel you deserve in China, because you are not free to go where you would like. Also mention that you don't want to cause any problems in China, be an accident, nor go to any military area, and that you fully support the 'one China principal'. (Just kidding), but you could actually do that! ))

Also you could think about finding out who the traffic police boss is, and offer to take him/her to dinner or teach his son/daughter a free English class as a last resort!

Just don't quit easily.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Go to your embassy! Write a statement in English that in Australia you can get a license at 17, and get someone Chinese to translate it. Bring it all to your embassy and pay them to stamp it. (costs 200-1000 yuan depending on the country). Bring that back to the cops.

If that doesn't work, talk to your boss, tell him that not having a car or motorcycle effects your 'quality of life', and that you 'may need to reassess your options', as you are not being given the quality of life you feel you deserve in China, because you are not free to go where you would like. Also mention that you don't want to cause any problems in China, be an accident, nor go to any military area, and that you fully support the 'one China principal'. (Just kidding), but you could actually do that! ))

Also you could think about finding out who the traffic police boss is, and offer to take him/her to dinner or teach his son/daughter a free English class as a last resort!

Just don't quit easily.
    Embassy in Beijing quite a hike from here although everything is quite a hike from here

I have a friend in Australia who can get me what I want but there on holiday until the end of the month.

Spoke to boss nothing he can do.They are noticing I am getting a bit irritable though and gave me a bicycle. Thats funny because the bike is nearly as dangerous as a motorcycle.

They have now blocked my blog too

Dinner is coming up. I was hoping I can have one big dinner for all the people who are trying to help me but it don't work that way.

Have and will be eating out alot

If I take another bus I'll the novelty has warn off.

As I said to them I don't give up.

this is todays episode.

Down loaded from the RTA australian roads and traffic authority the document stating the requirements to get a license in Australia showing the age you can get a license.16 years now.

Took it along to the cops.

Women at counter can read english I had one in Chinese anyway.All good she said I'll just organize your test goes away for 10 minutes then comes back and says our system requires you to obtain your license at 18 years old therefore we don't recognize your Australian license because you got yours at 17 years old and we can't give you any license here.

I'm telling my employer tomorrow if I can't get a license I'm out of here.I'm certainly not here for the money.

No wonder people ride/driver illegally up here.

F*** em.

Go to another province, get work elsewhere, screw them.
    I got my car license at 17 in the UK, had no probs transferring mine here.

They're just being asses
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Actually, this might be a strange way about the reciprocity of the driver licenses.

If you have a Belgian drivers license, you can have it transfered to Chinese, no test.

Or if you can get your license transfered to a HK license, you can have it transfered to China as well. A buddy of mine got his DC license transfered to HK and then Guangdong. It cost him about 1000 HK dollars
    2003 BMW F650 CS
    2006 BMW F650 GS
    1982 Kawasaki
    Beijing <- New York <- Den Haag <- Paris <- Rotterdam <- Philadelphia <-London<- Minneapolis <- Mountain View <- Tysons Corner <- New York

Quote Originally Posted by pennstlong View Post
    Actually, this might be a strange way about the reciprocity of the driver licenses.

If you have a Belgian drivers license, you can have it transfered to Chinese, no test.

Or if you can get your license transfered to a HK license, you can have it transfered to China as well. A buddy of mine got his DC license transfered to HK and then Guangdong. It cost him about 1000 HK dollars
    Emm I'm thinking it might be a Shihezi, Xinjiang thing. small Army town and all.

I will miss the Mountains.

But as I told them I'm not here for the money I'm here to see Xinjiang.

As some once said to me

"China it can be Heaven and Hell.Sometimes at the same time"

Or as Doris Day said

"what ever will be will be"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast