Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 KINLON RT 200 User Manual 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi i just got my riding L's and bought a new Kinlon RT 200, the bike is second hand but brand new at only 2 km's as the owner never rode it, unfortunately it does not have a user manual which would have been very helpful, i could not find a pdf version on the net . if anyone has a hard copy and has a bit of spare time and a scanner pls send me a copy, would be very appreciated, thanks in advance. and of course i'm a new rider havent got on the beast yet, waiting to get a helmet, and any tips on breaking the bike in would be thought out, it only has 2 km's on it, also would like to lower the bike cos my feet just touch the ground, how can this be done?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by memosyd; 04-25-2009 at 04:07 AM. Reason: added picture url

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Until someone comes up with a manual, here's a blog about that bike. It has one or two tips that may be useful:

http://kingmarty45.vox.com/

As for lowering its seat height there are various ways, none too easy except for dropping the forks through the yokes 15-20mm. This sometimes quickens the steering and may not be to everyones's liking. Has to be tried out. It should be accompanied by fitting a shorter rear shock, but you have to be carefull here. If the shock is just mounted between chasis and swing arm, directly, then if you fit a 15 mm or whatever shorter shock will result in a proportional reduction in overall height. However if there's some sort of linkage there, then you'll find that a 20 mm reduction in height will only require a 10 mm shorter shock and so on. Depends on the leverage ratio of the linkage.

Another way is to have the seat reduced by an upholsterer and recovered, normally using the same vinyl cover it came with. This has the disadvantage of some discomfort in longer rides.

In the mean time I would drop the rear spring pre-load to the minimum so that when you sit on it the rear suspension dips a bit and do the fork yoke mod mentioned earlier.

Poster Kingmarty45 on this forum has one of those bikes, see this thread where there are break-in tips on message number 3:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ght=running-in

More info, parts diagrams, etc and may be the source of a owners manual, in this Australian Kinlon importers site:

http://www.kinlon.com.au/

As I feel like a quick moan this morning, I would request new posters to fill in their location on their profile page. This will then show up to the left of their messages and enable us to reply using the correct measurement units, (km or Miles), money (£, $, etc), etc and knowing where they're makes it easier to recommend suppliers, dealers, etc. There's no point in telling you there's a great dealer in Middlesex UK when you are posting from Papua New Guinea...Doesn't take very long to do and helps to know where you are.
    Last edited by forchetto; 04-25-2009 at 11:48 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Thank you cobber... I thought you might be from Australia. Google searches for "Kinlon" usually go to Aussie sites.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

memosyd,

the klingon is a nice bike. The plastics are a bit crap and be very wary of loose nuts and bolts, but otherwise I am happy with it. It does the job and was a bargain. How much did you pay for an as-new one?

I have the manual but I don't have access to a scanner. Any ideas?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i bought mine from ebay, enden up paying $1925, though i had to drive from sydney to brisbane to pic it up and that cost me about three hundred on fuel, but i never been there before so i treated it as a holiday spent two nigths on the way to get there and one on the way back, so it was like a holoiday trip as well, and i enjoyed it, as for the manual if u let me borrow it i can return it to u as soon as i copy it, thanks, just got myself a couple of helmets today from bike biz at parramatta, i also think that the forks are too soft but i'm not game enough to change the oil in them,maybe when i have a bit more mechanical experience i will attempt it by way of your instructions, i will get it road regd.this week, i dont intend riding in dirt, so when i start riding it i will report more on it.

Quote Originally Posted by memosyd View Post
    i bought mine from ebay, enden up paying $1925, though i had to drive from sydney to brisbane to pic it up and that cost me about three hundred on fuel, but i never been there before so i treated it as a holiday spent two nigths on the way to get there and one on the way back, so it was like a holoiday trip as well, and i enjoyed it, as for the manual if u let me borrow it i can return it to u as soon as i copy it, thanks, just got myself a couple of helmets today from bike biz at parramatta, i also think that the forks are too soft but i'm not game enough to change the oil in them,maybe when i have a bit more mechanical experience i will attempt it by way of your instructions, i will get it road regd.this week, i dont intend riding in dirt, so when i start riding it i will report more on it.
    that is a good price, especially if it is in mint condition like you say.

ok mate, I will bring the catalogue into work here and photocopy it and then give you the copies. Do you have access to a scanner? It would be good if you could get it into an electronic format so that anybody else that comes along can have access to it.

Hmmm... I might even be able to convince one of the assistants to do it for me I'll get back on that one...

With changing the forks, it is pretty easy to do it the way I did. I have no mechanical experience just a desire to give it a go. It isn't like cracking the crank case and fiddling around in there...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kinlon 2008 200GY-SM
    Honda 2003 CB250
    Life is too short for traffic

7. #7 KINLON RT user manual 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

ok. got the rego yesterday, and now free to go anywhere (weather permitting) and to kingmarty thanks for the manual in advance looking forward to to it. and desperately need it, i do have a scanner, if u can send me the manual i can put it on this forum so anyone can read it.
    took her for a spin today, got up to about 70kph, but dont want to push it cos its only done 20kms so far, i think to do >100ks u would need to throttle quite a bit, with the usage record of chinese merchandise and the price i paid for it, i think its the closest thing to having a brand new disposable bike. but if i plan to continue riding, i think i will definitely upgrade to a bigger and reputable engine, heres my trophy pic with me on it.
    Attached Images

8. #8 choke position 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    as i dont have a user manual yet! i need to know what position the choke is on in this picture. it starts and runs ok when the lever is in the opposite side hot or cold but when its like in the picture shown, the engine sputters out (stops running), does this mean that this is where it should be to run hot and that i need to adjust the idle screw, or what?, any help would be greatly appreciated.

kinlon rt 200
    Attached Images

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    That looks like the "ON" position. The cable is taught, which means it's operating the choke mechanism. Turn the handle towards the cable to release the choke. A little slack must appear in the cable. Feel this by trying to move the cable's outer jacket in and out of its abuttment when you should feel a little slack.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

I agree with forchetto. My jetski had a choke on the same side and the same location. Thumb to the left for choke, ease it to the right as it warms up. Off is all the way right.
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast