Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 San Diego, California: SoCal Adv Tourer - Brief Introduction 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob SoCal Adv Tourer's Avatar
    MCM Members,

Hello everyone! I registered on this forum a few minutes ago and thought I should post a brief introduction.

I have enjoyed dual-sport and sport-touring motorcycling for more than forty years. Currently, I own two Honda ST1100A sport-touring motorcycles and two Honda XRV750 Africa Twins dual-sport motorcycles. I have been fortunate to experience many beautiful rides and destinations in North America while living in San Diego, Chicago and a small town in Ohio. My other interests include telecommunications (wireless/cellular networking), photography, cultural festivals, kayaking, scuba diving, swimming and camping. Any questions about San Diego, southwest United States, shared hobbies or interests are welcomed.

While using Shanghai as a homebase, I feel extremely fortunate to have visited China four times with durations as long as two months. Destinations included Guilin, Xian, Suzhou, Beijing, Hangzhou/Qiandaohu, Zhou Zhuang, Jiuzhaigou, Chendu, Wuzhen, Yellow Mountain, Xiamen/Quanzhou City, Zhou Zhuang, Zhangjiajie, Wuxi, Nanjing and many other smaller ancient towns or villages.

I am looking forward to learning more about motorcycling in China with an emphasis on visiting national parks, historical sites, minority cultures and man-made wonders. Also, I would like to share with members who may be interested in motorcycling in the United States, that I may consider a motorcycle swap or ride share with motorcyclist in China, SE Asia and New Zealand.

I wish to offer my first contribution to the forum members who have yet to experience China in person.
    You may travel to China to visit beautiful cities, national parks, historical sites, and man-made wonders, but you will return home with the fondest memories of the Chinese people.

Take care & happy holidays!

Cheers!

David
    Last edited by SoCal Adv Tourer; 12-14-2016 at 05:44 AM.