Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Superbyke RSP

1. #1 Superbyke RSP 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi I have a superbyke RSP but it is missfiring at high revs I have stripped down the carbs and cleaned, it idles OK but does not rev freely to higher revs and when it does get there it dips revs and then climbs again. Any thoughts the plug was not the correct one, I have replaced but this made no difference

2. #2 Re: Superbyke RSP 
    Electrical: Test coil / cdi / pickup/exciter w/ multimeter...
    others: Valve lash OK? / Is the bike as stock? Any improve mod related air in & out affects carb ie. needs larger main jet / Timing -the cam chain may worn (longer) beyond the auto tensioner's capability...

3. #3 Re: Superbyke RSP 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks very much I probably should have mentioned that the bike has done about 4500 miles, so I hope that the engine components are not showing significant signs of wear at this point. I will get a new coil I think that they are about £10 online delivered. How do I know if the bike has been moded it seems to have a nice exhaust on it I will check to see if this is stock. Many thanks

4. #4 Re: Superbyke RSP 
    C-Moto Noob
    Nope, still need some help please. I have replaced the coil and replaced the spark plug. Got a nice spark and the bike started and ran nicely but is surging at high revs. So stripped down the carb and cleaned and changed the jet to ensure that the jet was standard and checked all components. replaced the fuel pipe and bike started nicely. But still with the surging problem. Now however the bike wont start. The plug is black and would suggest that the bike is running rich, but I cannot see how this is the case as it would start without any choke. I am going to check the spark again as I suspect that there is a short somewhere. I dont like the HT lad and the fitting being steel so has no insulation !! Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated the only thing I have not managed to check yet would be a fault with the inlet manifild and I have not done the valve adjustment. If the manifold was leaking though I would think that the bike would be runnnig lean

Banned
    Think bigger jet was the mistake - refit original but raise the needle 1 notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk