Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 JH600B Information Wanted 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey folks, anyone have information on the Jialing JH600B?
    This is the model with the sidecar in case you did not know that.
    I currently have a Chang Jiang M1M but can not import it to Brazil and am looking for something new.

Franki is the man to answer questions about the JH600B and hope he will be along sometime soon to give some specs. Alternatively, you can send him a PM to ask him directly. All I can add is it has a reverse gear! :)

Why can't the CJ be imported to Brazil?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by blazeafar View Post
    Hey folks, anyone have information on the Jialing JH600B?
    This is the model with the sidecar in case you did not know that.
    I currently have a Chang Jiang M1M but can not import it to Brazil and am looking for something new.

I am off to Jialing's factory tomorrow, so I have limited time to answer all your questions. Here are a few pics. Yes, it has an engine linked reverse gear (20km/h), two wheel drive, max. speed 120km/h, 5.7L/100km.
    Attached Images

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey CC and Franki, the importing a vehicle to Brazil is both complex and expencive. You can only import 100% new vehicles, NO USED, and the import taxes are between 90 and 110% of the cost of the vehicle + frieght. OUCH!

I would like a sidecar motorcycle just to be different and saw the JH600B.
    Looks interesting as an adventure rig as well.

Jialing has a factory here in Brazil producing the smaller stuff up to about 125cc and marketed under the Traxx brand. I thought there might be a chance to get a JH600B imported here sence there is a China-Brazil connection.

What I would like to ask you Franki is if you could ask about there plans for the JH600 as for exporting and there Brazil partener.

Also, did i understand you correctly the the JH600H is a driven sidecar (2wd), and is the sidecar detachable for the bike for solo use?

Thanks in advance;

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Driven hack wheel? Must be a very clever arrangement, because I sure don't see a drive shaft in any JH600B pictures. I actually think not, but I'd love to be wrong.

Anyway, there is some very neat stuff about this rig: in addition to the reverse, it has three disc brakes, three (four!) equal sized wheels with sidecar specific squared off profile tires, factory high pipe, modern liquid cooled fuel injected engine and useful fairing.

The MSRP of a new Ural rig in the USA is hovering around $11,000-$12,000. If the JH600B is any good, Jialing USA could price it at $8500 and put Ural out of business even without the driven hack wheel. (Not that I'd want IMZ-Ural to go out of business, just that I think there's some market potential here.)

PJ

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    PJ onr the Jialing web site ther is a pic og the transmission gears and it does look like there is a stub shaft on the opposite side of the sprocket.

Could very well be 2wd!
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by blazeafar View Post
    Hey CC and Franki, the importing a vehicle to Brazil is both complex and expencive. You can only import 100% new vehicles, NO USED, and the import taxes are between 90 and 110% of the cost of the vehicle + frieght. OUCH!

I would like a sidecar motorcycle just to be different and saw the JH600B.
    Looks interesting as an adventure rig as well.

Jialing has a factory here in Brazil producing the smaller stuff up to about 125cc and marketed under the Traxx brand. I thought there might be a chance to get a JH600B imported here sence there is a China-Brazil connection.

What I would like to ask you Franki is if you could ask about there plans for the JH600 as for exporting and there Brazil partener.

Also, did i understand you correctly the the JH600H is a driven sidecar (2wd), and is the sidecar detachable for the bike for solo use?

Thanks in advance;
    The Jialing exporter is only responsible for sales of small bikes. They have no idea of JH600B. I think it will take you ages to break the red tape of a state run company. Give it a try and if you don't succeed, please come back to me.

If you look at the photos I posted carefully, especially the rear view one, you can see the drive shaft to the hack wheel (2wd).:wink:

It has 4 gears forward and 1 gear reverse. It has 8 clutch plate, one more than the 2 wheel version. We just got back from a 2000km run through some very twisty roads up to +4016m high and the driver on the JH600B seems not exhausted:laugh: Not thing broke too, the bike I mean.:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by PresterJohn View Post
    Driven hack wheel? Must be a very clever arrangement, because I sure don't see a drive shaft in any JH600B pictures. I actually think not, but I'd love to be wrong.

Anyway, there is some very neat stuff about this rig: in addition to the reverse, it has three disc brakes, three (four!) equal sized wheels with sidecar specific squared off profile tires, factory high pipe, modern liquid cooled fuel injected engine and useful fairing.

The MSRP of a new Ural rig in the USA is hovering around $11,000-$12,000. If the JH600B is any good, Jialing USA could price it at $8500 and put Ural out of business even without the driven hack wheel. (Not that I'd want IMZ-Ural to go out of business, just that I think there's some market potential here.)

PJ
    Hi PJ,

Please refer to my reply above. Yes, you can take off the sidecar but you need more modifications to turn it into a 2 wheeler. The wheels on JH600 is 19 front and 17 rear and the tyres are different....You will also be running on 4 gear + a reverse?

Sweet. No side car...20kph in reverse. Sounds like a new ice sport!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

This one better:laugh:
    Attached Images