Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Preparation QM200GY 
    Qingqi QM200GY(Matador)
    Hello.
    I became the owner of new motorcycle Qingqi QM200GY (in our country it is called Matador 200). It is my the first off-road motorcycle (before I drove only classical motorcycles). Has chosen Qingqi QM200GY because of good reputation of company Qingqi. Tell, what "illnesses" need to be eliminated and what technical works are recommended for making before starting to go by this motorcycle?
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (41.6 KB, 31 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (50.6 KB, 16 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (97.2 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (75.2 KB, 23 views)

Welcome Tarwood. Forchetto will be along shortly to guide you. Check his posts on the Qlink XF200 if you can't wait...or if he is busy. Just to warn you, there will be a few of us that will try to talk you out of that tail rack.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Welcome tarwood. First of all I would remove that awful tailrack...and send it to me without delay. Upsets weight balance ...or something

We already have someone from the Ukraine here "Vladg", and he's had to MAKE his own rack for the supermoto style bike. The dealer has told him no racks are available:

Here's his introduction and a photo of the rack: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311

Here's one of Vladg threads detailing how he made that rack: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ighlight=vladg

A lot of people have been waiting for a rack to become available for these bikes but no aftermarket manufacturer can be bothered to market one. The maker sometimes supplies them already fitted and that rack would fit both the Supermoto style (is it called Dragon 200 in the Ukraine?) and dualsport like yours.
    I am surprised to see that they're supplying them to one market and not the others, is yours a new bike or old stock?.

Unlike a lot of other Chinese bikes there's very little to do before you hit the road. They already come with an NGK spark plug rather than the Chinese brand joke they usually fit and all the screws and bolts are tight (a novelty for some).
    You can safely leave the original oil in for 4-500 km before changing it for something better. The only thing I would check for now is the rear chain tension. They send them out far too tight, this is to stop them flapping about in the shipping container and the dealer should set the proper tension, but they assume that being new they don't need to. Same with tyre pressures, they could have dropped in the months the bikes spend in the ship and wharehouses and need bringing up to pressure.

I'll leave you to go through some threads on this forum, where you'll see lots of discussions about these bikes and see what you think is worth modifying. There's even a service manual for download on the forum, It's in Portuguese but still useful, specially as there's no other manual available in the planet.
    Last edited by forchetto; 04-26-2009 at 09:26 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Qingqi QM200GY(Matador)
    Thanks for your answers.
    At me a motorcycle 2008 modelling years, but it differs from these a photo http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163
    I am very glad that Qingqi care of quality of the technics, but you are right, the chain is tense too hardly.
    Really, Vladg has made very beautiful tailrack but why you will not develop the tailrack? It would be very interesting to look at other variants tailrack made independently. Thanks for service manual, I have already downloaded it. If it is interesting, whether here microfiches for QM200GY-B (A) http://www.motoduragon.com/dragondoc/QM200GY.html
    It is necessary to change Kenda Tires or they not the bad?

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Yes the Pioneer bikes look exactly the same and they're made by a subsidiary of the main plant called Shandong Pioneer. There are some differences, like for example, at least in the Pioneer sold in Europe, the rear wheel hub/sprocket assembly is different to the Qingqi. It's based on a Honda CG/CB125 rather than on a Suzuki.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY