Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 50 cc motorcycle / scooter license issue 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello to everyone here (I'm new :)),

I've been trying to find some info on what kind of specifications apply to chinese bike licenses, but it's hard to find in-depth information on this. Apparently (?) there is some separate license for low-power motorcycles, is that correct, or am I supposed to have a normal license that comprises everything from 49-600+ cc? even for a small scooter?
    I'm planning to buy a gas powered scooter or bike, as basic as possible, so low motorisation is fine, I just need some range and therefore an electric scooter/diandongche won't be enough.
    I'm asking because in my CoO my car license allows me to ride small fuel driven bikes up to 50 cc and a 50 kmh curb (with some 50+ exceptions). I don't have a motorcycle license though, so I thought about trying to convince the people at the traffic management office to 'convert' my car(+50cc bike) license into a minor motorcycle license - if such a thing exists.
    I only have two moths left in China until my visa expires (I know people might see this as a problem, too) and I'm not willing to spend time on doing a practical course here...i suppose a theoretical test would be necessary either way.

Do you have any ideas on this? Thank you!

Cheers ! :)

2. #2 Re: 50 cc motorcycle / scooter license issue 
    I've been trying to find some info on what kind of specifications apply to chinese bike licenses, but it's hard to find in-depth information on this. Apparently (?) there is some separate license for low-power motorcycles, is that correct
    You are correct??? you need a Chinese Driving License category (F)
    I am sorry to ask but you live in China? and you can't get ONE Chinese person you can ask?

50cc的摩托车需不需要上牌照

专业回答
    需要。50cc及以下摩托车属于轻便摩托车,需要上牌.需要驾驶证F证以上才能开.
    《中华人民共和国道路交通安全法》
    第八条国家对机动车实行登记制度。机动车经公安机关交通管理部门登记后,方可上道路行驶。尚未登记的机动车 ,需要临时上道路行驶的,应当取得临时通行牌证。
    第一百一十九条本法中下列用语的含义:
    (一)道路,是指公路、城市道路和虽在单位管辖范围但允许社会机动车通行的地方,包括广场、公共停车场等用 于公众通行的场所。
    (二)车辆,是指机动车和非机动车。
    (三)机动车,是指以动力装置驱动或者牵引,上道路行驶的供人员乘用或者用于运送物品以及进行工程专项作业 的轮式车辆。
    (四)非机动车,是指以人力或者畜力驱动,上道路行驶的交通工具
    ,以及虽有动力装置驱动但设计最高时速、空车质量、外形尺寸符合有关国家标准的残疾人机动轮椅车、电动自行 车等交通工具。
    (五)交通事故,是指车辆在道路上因过错或者意外造成的人身伤亡或者财产损失的事件。

That was stupid of me to post the detail in Chinese now you need to find 2 Chinese people.
    1. To ask.
    2. To Translate

"Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: 50 cc motorcycle / scooter license issue 
    Forgive me if I am wrong but don't we need 6 months on our visa to get the license?
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

4. #4 Re: 50 cc motorcycle / scooter license issue 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys,
    thanks a lot for your replies!
    I am in China right now, Hubei Province. That chinese instruction is alright, it is exactly what I have been looking for, and I can read it :) although when it comes to speaking and I go to the traffic office next week, when it's too mafan for them and they don't want to communicate with me, then there is no way of course.
    Well, every single chinese I've talked to about this didn't really have a clue about license types in particular either.
    Mh yes, that's what I heard at least, so I am hoping that they do 'exceptions' for whatever reason. Or maybe there is an alternative solution.

Cheers!

5. #5 Re: 50 cc motorcycle / scooter license issue 
    C-Moto Noob
    double post - sorry