Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Dirt Cheap 125's! Looking for a dirt cheap 125 to be thrash and trash. 
    What's poppin China Moto?

I am totally buying a dirt cheap 125. I am not really concerned about quality but the best bang for the buck is always appreciated!

I have never been on dirt. I am taking a dirt track class with KTM but I need to bring my own little 125. (only 125's allowed) I don't have one, never rode dirt before, never researched dirt before. This bike is pretty much only for the class and maybe practicing in the field near my home once in a while. I am not looking to spend much on this thing. What Chinese brand with your expertise would you purchase? Oh and I might... might teach my brother the basics of riding on this thing.

So whats the word?
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

2. #2 Re: Dirt Cheap 125's! Looking for a dirt cheap 125 to be thrash and trash. 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    It would have to be a CQR. They are 250cc mostly but can find 125s as well. Could prolly get a new one for about RMB1500 but Id be afraid to ride it hahah
    Look for cabbage or glorious cabbage on taobao

I dont know of any other 125s. They usually start at 150cc and go up to 250cc. One other dirt 125 I know is Yamaha XTZ125 but thats good and not dirt cheap at 11k ;)

3. #3 Re: Dirt Cheap 125's! Looking for a dirt cheap 125 to be thrash and trash. 
    There are dozens of brands in the US, but only a few under an OEM. It seems that Apollo/Orion have CE certification (and sell under their own brand name in China and the US). Do they have dealers there would be my next question! But they have pit bikes and full(er) size MX bikes which should fit the bill nicely. Decent reviews in the US on youtube and Chinariders.net and such.

http://www.apollovehicle.com/Motorcycle.html

The China Upbeat company seems to OEM for people, and might sell domestically for you. They seem to be a decent manufacturer. Couldn't hurt to ask them as well...

http://www.chinaupbeat.com/
    Last edited by culcune; 01-16-2017 at 03:30 AM.

4. #4 Re: Dirt Cheap 125's! Looking for a dirt cheap 125 to be thrash and trash. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Be careful. The Chongqing CQR dirt bikes have a reputation for coming apart - as my Chinese dirt fiend says, every time you ride every screw on the bike comes loose. Every once in awhile you will see somebody riding one in a 'catastrophic injury video' on WeChat.

5. #5 Re: Dirt Cheap 125's! Looking for a dirt cheap 125 to be thrash and trash. 
    Jesus...

So now you are scaring me with the CQR talk. What does a guy got to spend to not put his life on the line in china and get a small dirtbike? I am not trying to cripple my self!

I saw those Apollo bikes in some American forums. Some of the people seemed to like them but I can't find that brand here and I cant find the brand that is listed as making them on the sites I browsed.

Damn, now I have more questions then when I started...
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

6. #6 Re: Dirt Cheap 125's! Looking for a dirt cheap 125 to be thrash and trash. 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Ive found this thing for ya, should do great for ya purpose

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...=3437730579199

7. #7 Re: Dirt Cheap 125's! Looking for a dirt cheap 125 to be thrash and trash. 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Ive found this thing for ya, should do great for ya purpose

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...=3437730579199
    Maybe! Just maybe. As little more then I hoped to spend but at least this would last. What about Koyo? 4 to 6k on taobao but seem to have "ok" reviews in America.

8. #8 Re: Dirt Cheap 125's! Looking for a dirt cheap 125 to be thrash and trash. 
    I borrowed a bike for my lessons...

Now I want my own. I was about to buy the CCW but then I can ride it only off road.

Now I am thinking the 2017 Aprilia DRD 150cc. This year the bike only comes as a 150cc no more 125cc version. It is 16800rmb and I have a dealer in town.

I am just debating.. I could buy a 200cc dayung for 9k or 150cc lifan for 9k and save money. Is aprilia a high enough quality jump to warrant doubling the price?

9. #9 Re: Dirt Cheap 125's! Looking for a dirt cheap 125 to be thrash and trash. 
    Not familiar with the DRD 150, Paiggio is expanding its offerings through its joint venture with Zongshan.
    There website: http://www.piaggio.com.cn/index.php?m=Chexing
    The 150 is rated at 18hp
    Their CR150 is likely to be very popular.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-28-2017 at 11:14 PM.