Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

View Poll Results: University?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zhejiang Gongshang University (Xiasha Hangzhou)

0 0%
  • Ningbo University (Jiangbei Ningbo)

0 0%
  • I don't know! Democracy!

1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. #1 Xiasha District Hangzhou, Jiangbei District Ningbo, and I have Shanghai 沪C Plate 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have a yellow plated 沪C bike (>50CC) in Shanghai, but I'm looking to go to university in Xiasha District of Hangzhou or Jiangbei District of Ningbo.
    Zhejiang Gongshang University in Hangzhou or Ningbo University in Ningbo. (if anyone has any comments, go ahead. Doing Law study.)

From what I understand, Ningbo bans motorcycles most everywhere, and Xiasha bans motorcycles from registering in that district.

So... with an out-of-province plate, do I have options? Can anyone quote me the law on inter-provincial travel or Hangzhou specifically?

I don't know whether Xiasha bans motorcycles from the streets or just from registration. Any comments would be appreciated. I know nothing about Jiangbei in Ningbo either.

Also, this forum should really have a "Legal" section....

2. #2 Re: Xiasha District Hangzhou, Jiangbei District Ningbo, and I have Shanghai 沪C Plate 
    Hi YYC
    Let me be the first to welcome you to MCM.
    We have many members who live here in China, with a varied range of experiences from Doctors, teachers, engineers, tyre fitters and the odd faceless riders.
    I can't recall haveing a legal expert.
    Over the years many legal questions have been posted and answered on MCM.
    The main question normally concerns.

1. Motorbike on expressways.
    2. City ban on Motorbikes.

Here are 2 links with regards to the above.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...es-Expressways

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ricted-area(s)

You Just need to search on MCM for threads in relation to question you need to be answered by using a search engine (Google,Yahoo) and adding in "Mychinamoto" because this forum search engines is not that good to pinpoint threads?
    Last edited by prince666; 01-18-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Xiasha District Hangzhou, Jiangbei District Ningbo, and I have Shanghai 沪C Plate 
    C-Moto Noob
    That answered none of my questions. Thanks.

Also, pro-tip:
    - Do not use a "trusted friend", a girlfriend, or especially a wife, to register your motorcycle's license plate.
    - She may get mad at you one day and sell the motorcycle and license plate without your consent. (probably justifiably)

4. #4 Re: Xiasha District Hangzhou, Jiangbei District Ningbo, and I have Shanghai 沪C Plate 
    Quote Originally Posted by yyc View Post

Also, pro-tip:
    - Do not use a "trusted friend", a girlfriend, or especially a wife, to register your motorcycle's license plate.
    - She may get mad at you one day and sell the motorcycle and license plate without your consent. (probably justifiably)
    Looks like the only one you had ?
    Good luck .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: Xiasha District Hangzhou, Jiangbei District Ningbo, and I have Shanghai 沪C Plate 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by yyc View Post

Also, pro-tip:
    In this case, I say better do not marry at all

6. #6 Re: Xiasha District Hangzhou, Jiangbei District Ningbo, and I have Shanghai 沪C Plate 
    Or better still don't buy a motoerbike ?

7. #7 Re: Xiasha District Hangzhou, Jiangbei District Ningbo, and I have Shanghai 沪C Plate 
    C-Moto Noob
    It was a cheap bike. I can get a new one.

Anyone know anything about the original question? Whether bikes can be ridden in Xiasha Hangzhou or registered in Jiangbei Ningbo?

8. #8 Re: Xiasha District Hangzhou, Jiangbei District Ningbo, and I have Shanghai 沪C Plate 
    Go and find out then you can report your finding sounds about the best way.

9. #9 Re: Xiasha District Hangzhou, Jiangbei District Ningbo, and I have Shanghai 沪C Plate 
    C-Moto Noob
    Since you've been so helpful, lemme ask another question that I've been curious about:

Does China recognize gay marriages that were legally entered into abroad for the purposes of Q1/Q2 visas?
    I know they recognize underage marriages that were legal in the country of issuance, but I'm wondering about A) gay marriages and B) polygamous marriages.

Also, I'm in negotiations with my wife, but currently she's not speaking to me. I may be able to buy my old bike back.