Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Never in a million years would I think I'd find myself in a forum for Chinese bikes! I grew up riding small motorcycles, then got into British sports cars and totally forgot about bikes. Now that I've hit the middle ages, I have suddenly gotten the urge to ride again, and actually get onto a street bike for the very first time. Last fall, just before my fiancee's 50th birthday, I got the idea of getting her her own very first bike, so I started looking for entry-level 250s. Out of the blue, a friend of mine put up for sale a CF Moto V5, for less money than I'd been planning to spend on a conventional 250. Being an automatic, it made sense to get it for her, since she was pretty apprehensive about both learning to ride and learning to shift. Once she got over the initial intimidation of its slightly bigger size, she really got into it.

UN2A8291.jpg

I figured I'd save my money through the winter, and in the spring get myself something, more along the lines of an adventure bike. Well, as fate would have it, another friend popped up with a Qlink Legacy 250 for sale, really cheap. I couldn't resist, and just tonight I bought it from him. So now we have a pair of identical, other than color, China bikes. As with everything, I'm diving right in, trying to learn all I can about these things, and counting down the days until the salt and anti-skid gets off the roads here and we can go exploring the neighborhood. I've already searched this forum extensively for discussions on the CF Moto, now I'll have to see what I can find on the Qlink (even though they're the same). I'd like to connect with others, especially in my geographical area, who have them.

20170216_174959_small.jpg

2. #2 Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hello & Welcome to the forum. :-)

3. #3 Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA! 
    Those are interesting bikes. They started to gain in popularity, but I seem to remember a recall a few years back. Either way, CF Moto abandoned the 2 wheel segment in the US, and Qlink went away (although their site is 'mysteriously' still up). The latest batch of bikes on their site do not show your bike http://qlinkmotor.com/products/products.php?pid=103

Are you also a member on chinariders.net? Chinariders is a more N. American oriented forum, but I do not recall anyone lately with your bike. There is a relatively newer member 'Sully' who just purchased a dual-sport. He is from Pennsylvania and is 'crazy' enough to be commuting on it all winter on dry days.

4. #4 Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yes, my understanding is that the recall was with regard to the bikes not having a foot brake. Chen Feng claimed they were scooters, because of the CVT, but the U.S. government classified them as motorcycles, requiring them to have a foot brake. Neither of the ones I have are fitted with a foot brake, and I've never heard of this recall actually being done. It appears that Chen Feng's solution was to just stop making them. They do have a 650 on the market, although I'm not sure if it is currently in production. The Qlink is the same identical bike, just marketed under the Qlink Legacy name. I had read somewhere that CF pulled it from them, due to concerns about quality control, and all bikes in later years (up to around 2011-2012) were only branded as CF Moto.

I had forgotten about chinariders.net, I'll have to pop in there, too. This Sully fella sounds like my kinda people.

5. #5 Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA! 
    Happy to hear about another rider in PA. I live in Philly part of the year and China part of the year. I hope to meet up and go for a cruise in the future! Your bikes look nice and comfortable!
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone