Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 2017 SSR Razkull 
    Have you seen the 2017 SSR Razkull?

110316-SSR-Razkull-2_feature.jpg

It is a little 125cc selling in the states to compete with the likes of the grom. While not having fuel injection and I am sure the build quality is not there, it is also much cheaper and almost on par with torque and horsepower.

So I looked it up to see if it would be cheaper in China and could not find it for sale under that name. Anyone know the real name of SSR?

I did find this little bike with a Lifan motor! Is it just a copy? Only 5k and looks like great fun. It comes in a 150, 175 or 250cc model. What do you think?

TB2whDgXrxmpuFjSZJiXXXauVXa_!!44416772.jpg

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=...cket=18#detail
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

2. #2 Re: 2017 SSR Razkull 

3. #3 Re: 2017 SSR Razkull 

4. #4 Re: 2017 SSR Razkull 
    What do you think the quality differences are between them and the clone with the Lifan motor? The one with the Lifan motor is much cheaper and has a larger motor. They look like they come out of the same factory.

I have seen that video on Youtube. That is what peeked my interest to see its availability here in China.
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

5. #5 Re: 2017 SSR Razkull 
    Based on what we have in the US, there could be differences. First of all, the Yingang is supposed to be sold by physical SSR dealers here. Another company, called Boom! International (NOT to be confused with a trike manufacturer from Poland or Germany with the same name) distributes Baodiao gas and electric scooters, as well as a Grom clone and an identical-looking electric clone.

http://www.baodiaomt.com/USAabout/

Hundreds less than the SSR, and the people who have bought them have had to fix and diagnose things (the gas version at least) since day 1. However, once they have sorted them out, they seem to be ok bikes with general Chinabike aftercare needed. There is a growing number of owners of the Boom! on Chinariders. Could you get the Yingang version domestically in China? Either that, or if the Lifan 150cc vertical engine/5-speed KP Mini 150 is available, that would be my route. You have been here a while; if you got the cheaper one, you could probably sort it out, however...

6. #6 Re: 2017 SSR Razkull 
    I forgot about the Icebear version that is available in the US. They sell two bikes--one is a clone of the Grom if someone was to stretch and slightly customize the Grom--they call it the Fuerza 125. Their other bike is called the Little Monster, which looks like the bike you linked to, as well as the SSR.

If you look around Icebear's site, they sell a Honda Ruckus clone if a Ruckus was stretched and slightly customized. They have had it a few years now, and there is a cult following of them. They introduced the Fuerza 125 months ago and before the Little Monster, so that is based on their trend to take mainstream bikes and build them as stock based on what the mainstream bike would look like as a custom.

http://www.icebearatv.com/Motorcycle

7. #7 Re: 2017 SSR Razkull 
    Here is a Little Monster sold, without shipping, at $1400 USD. Less cost than the sale price of the SSR, but probably evens out with shipping involved. The Boom! lower quality ones sell from most places for $1299 including shipping, but one large mail-order discount place right near Boom! in So. California has them at $899 without shipping. One guy on Chinariders ordered one a week and some days ago for under $1100 to his door, so I am sure the Boom! bikes sold through others will go down in price. Of course, your case is different, being in China and all that!

http://www.apscusa.com/New-Little-Mo...ded_p_767.html

8. #8 Re: 2017 SSR Razkull 
    Here in China the same clones are much cheaper from the same manufacturers. Just makes me wonder if the quality is also lower when purchased here since they do not need to meet any foreign regulations when sold here. Hmm

Either way, I am liking the Lifan version since it can be bought with a larger motor. It looks better then the Fureza, The mini ducati/benelli look is much more enticing.

Worst case scenario I have another bike I need to replace parts on and off load to some other local here. It wont be the first time. I have done this with a few already.

Now you have me thinking about a honda ruckus clone. They seem to be plentiful from many manufacturers here in China. We even have several ruckus E-bikes available. However "pimping" something like that in China would blow peoples minds here. I bet they would not know what to think about a modified ruckus clone.

Damn, back to the drawing board. I have been trying to pick another toy out for spring for months.

9. #9 Re: 2017 SSR Razkull 
    If they are cheap--what the heck, buy one!

10. #10 Re: 2017 SSR Razkull 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    there is also this Benelli
    Its rather on the expensive and heavy side but they claim it makes 13hp which is 4 more than Grom, also 2Mm of torque more than Grom. Might be fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast