Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Anyone ever had experience with Cleveland Motorcycles?

I have been fumbling through taobao all winter. I finally landed on this motorcycle/bicycle which has really caught my interest! All thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Designed by "Cleveland Motorcycles" but all parts and the majority of assembly is from right here in China. At only 150 pounds this thing could be a lot of fun to play on... maybe?

2017 CCW FXR125
    "The FXx is not a dirt bike, it is not a mountain bike, it is a cross between the two. A small, lightweight bike that can take you to places and allow you to do things that heavier and bigger bikes can't.

The FXR, is a street legal version of the FX, with DOT / EMark headlight, tail light and turn signals. We have included a digital dash with speedometer, and trip meter. The bike is keyed with a lock cylinder. We have included large down tubes to accommodate a large Motobat high output battery. The on-road version comes with our Deluxe style, inverted forks. The handle bars sport a cross bar pad and cross linked handle bar risers for strength."
    Cleveland+FXR-003.jpg
    的 have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

2. #2 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    These are definitely funky machines. Like the minis (and I have been eagerly awaiting the Lifan KPMini 150) these are probably not for me. Then again, I could see a few niches for this bike, so even though I had dismissed it when I saw it on CCW's site last year, and even when you posted it here, the more I look at it, in just this photo, I could see these being utilized for desert rides or forest rides and even taking people on group tours (i.e. loop trails). They probably don't leave as deep of a 'footprint' in the wild. Out of selfishness, I say "go for it" just to see your reviews on it!

3. #3 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Yeah I understand a lot of people just brush off these little bikes and are looking for something more. However I have a Triumph Speedmaster for long cruises and trips. I have a Duke 390 for just getting around the city and daily transportation. Now I will have a little dirt bike thing... to go and play on 5 acres of land that is just a hop and skip from my home.

I was also looking for something to teach my wife and little brother to ride on.

I was also looking for something that I could annihilate and if it breaks I wont cry so much.

SO! I sold my self. All the Mini's are off the table and I went ahead and ordered this thing. I want the 2017 model and I have to wait till the end of April for delivery of the model I want. The dealer assured me the 2016 is the same but hell it is only a two month wait time.

I will let you know how I really feel about it in say... 3 months?

Until then
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

4. #4 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Oh and I came really close to buying a little mini bike with a Lifan 150 on it. I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on that last week but it was just another street bike so I talked my self into another purpose instead of just another style!

5. #5 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Very cool! I look forward to reading about it and seeing photos/videos if you are so inclined. Like I said about renting these out or offering tours, I could probably do it right here in Yuma. Yuma is surrounded by sand; the kind of sand with the consistency of beach sand. The (famous for being the place they filmed "Return of the Jedi") Imperial Sand Dunes about 15 miles west of Yuma kind of shows what we have all around here. It is quad territory, or off-road buggy territory. There are flatter places close to the city, where I could see these being ridden (more than the dunes which I mentioned due to how our terrain is--very beach sandy, not very fun to ride two-wheeler territory), and since we get a huge influx of so-called snowbirds (retirees from the snow states and Canada who 'flock' this way) this could give them something to do as far as rentals go. There is a quad rental place in the city which the guy will tow the quads to meet you at a few places nearby, or you can rent quads at the Imperial Sand Dunes, but these are good as far as being street legal. Great side-business which I can imagine would have numerous headaches associated with it but I am looking too much on the bright side to see the negatives

6. #6 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    What is the range on this thing. The tank is 3.2l and the consumption 367g/kWh...I do not understand this. Would it go 130-150km on a tank?

here are the specs

7. #7 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    What is the range on this thing. The tank is 3.2l and the consumption 367g/kWh...I do not understand this. Would it go 130-150km on a tank?

here are the specs
    I spoke with the dealer and they said 90 to 110km distance depending on rider and weight. Plenty for me to play in the field near my home and maybe ride to work once and a while. However you could always get a handlebar extension tank. They are cheap as hell and it would add some distance.

Problem... CCW says they designed the bike and have it made in China. However, Puzey out of South Africa said they designed the bike and have it made here in China. CCW says that Puzey is just selling their bike with another name but the Puzey was for sale before CCW was selling them. Interesting...

8. #8 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I need to ride about 30-40km to get to a place where I can enjoy that bike. I guess I could carry petrol in those camping, fuel bottles haha

9. #9 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    How may bikes do you have now Modron? I thought you had a Shineray to play in the dirt on?

I have a shineray I bought but it is still not running. Not sure if I will ever get it back on the roads again.

My main reason for this is it is more like a bicycle. I love that it is only 150 pounds. I will be treating it more like a mountain bike!

Like I said, you can get a handlebar tank for it and get your extra km that way. I think that would be more convenient then a petrol can. I still really like that Aprilla drd125 but this is half the weight but also half the power.

I just bought a camera mount and all that Jazz for my helmet so once this thing is delivered I will shoot some video and post a review.

10. #10 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I have 4 if you count my electric 小马骡
    The Shineray is ok but it it heavy. 161kg + 19l fuel, thats already 180kg and if you put on some crash bars and stuff.....not particularly light. Id love this small CCW to ride arount the mountain. Around my town there are a lot of mountains and a lot of difficult single tracks. I do not dare to take there my X5, Especially riding alone but this thing would be ideal.

Did you find a handlebar tank on taobao? I had a quick look and only found Acerbis for rmb1200 hahah

Waiting for some pictures mate! and a review

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast