Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    I have 4 if you count my electric 小马骡
    The Shineray is ok but it it heavy. 161kg + 19l fuel, thats already 180kg and if you put on some crash bars and stuff.....not particularly light. Id love this small CCW to ride arount the mountain. Around my town there are a lot of mountains and a lot of difficult single tracks. I do not dare to take there my X5, Especially riding alone but this thing would be ideal.

Did you find a handlebar tank on taobao? I had a quick look and only found Acerbis for rmb1200 hahah

Waiting for some pictures mate! and a review

Sadly no, I was going to order one of the tanks from Revzilla since they ship to China.

BIG problem, not sure what I want to do now. The bikes came in at the dealer and just now the dealer is telling me that the CCW bike is only made for export so I can not get it street legal. He said he could send some non legit paperwork with it... Not sure how I feel about that. I was really looking forward to this thing. I mean, it will spend most of its time off road but I still need to get to the off road places. Even if I got the bike, I am not sure with that paperwork if I could get plates.

(crying inside)
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

2. #12 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Puzey Rocky FX 125

Puzey-Rocky-FX125-01.jpg

Puzey-Rocky-FX125-02.jpg

CCW just put their name on it like Puzey. Can't you find the Chinese manufacturer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhKw9TAzrsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTNm652MYxQ
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #13 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptomatic View Post
    Sadly no, I was going to order one of the tanks from Revzilla since they ship to China.

BIG problem, not sure what I want to do now. The bikes came in at the dealer and just now the dealer is telling me that the CCW bike is only made for export so I can not get it street legal. He said he could send some non legit paperwork with it... Not sure how I feel about that. I was really looking forward to this thing. I mean, it will spend most of its time off road but I still need to get to the off road places. Even if I got the bike, I am not sure with that paperwork if I could get plates.

(crying inside)
    Not sure it be worth the non-legit papers, they sold here as off-road last year, now they have on road versions for the US. http://mall.newmotor.com.cn/motor/6732.html

I think it is pretty common to get faked up paper in china, anything over 150cc without EFI likely has false paper, but that bike stands out and could get unwanted attention. If you got caught you could say you did not know, what would be the penalty?

4. #14 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    After some serious thought I am a little scared of getting my bike taken away.

Here in Changchun they are loading illegal bikes onto flatbeds daily. Really cracking down. I am heartbroken but I found an alternative but it is not nearly as appealing.

The manufacturer said the bikes are only made for export and can not be registered in China. Problem with fake paperwork is, here in Changchun they checked my vin on the bike, made a copy of it and added it to the file.

So, now I am looking at the 2017 Aprilia dirt bike. They bored the motor out and made it 150cc vs 125cc this year. It is still a 300 pound bike. I really wanted the superlight FX bike.
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

5. #15 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    I remember you posted that on the China Bikes group on Facebook. Looks good, but seems pricey unless you have more serious plans for it.

What about the bike Doogle rode through China? I mean, not the one he rode since he sold it, but it was something like $1300 USD. He sold his for $3XX USD after his trip if I remember his post on advrider. Or what about those minis?

6. #16 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thats a shame about that CCW...I was actually looking forward to owning one.
    The Aprilia looks great! The one without the beak is good looking and good specs for a foreign/China bike. Has more power then the Honda CB190X and weights 20kg less, Yamaha XTZ125 is light years behind. Interesting

7. #17 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    I am certain that CCW has Pioneer as their OEM and that manufacturer only exports, they should consider that they are not able to access the Chinese market due to that. Being able to sell that model in China could reduce production costs. A good example is Yingang and the Tekken, not sure how they split on that but the once export only is now available in China. Which means that production numbers should go up and with that unit costs of production fall. It is hard to say if the FX125 would sell well in China, it might, the minis do.
    The FX125 is something totally new in concept, it really needs to attain volume in production and bigger distribution can reduce costs. Making a few and selling at high retail prices not such a good approach.
    The industry has a lot of interesting dynamics, since nothing is ever really that proprietary.
    I will not be paying over 2k for one in the US, they could be sold for much less, full size dirt bikes are still selling for under $1,500.00 here.

8. #18 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I remember you posted that on the China Bikes group on Facebook. Looks good, but seems pricey unless you have more serious plans for it.

What about the bike Doogle rode through China? I mean, not the one he rode since he sold it, but it was something like $1300 USD. He sold his for $3XX USD after his trip if I remember his post on advrider. Or what about those minis?
    I lost interest in the Mini's during my search. For whatever reason I got totally sold on the FX bike and I think I am about to settle on the Aprilia. The 2017 comes in on May 10th and I will be at the door to check it out.

At least the Aprilia looks like sweet. Is it really lighter then the CB190X? I sat on the CB190 (dry) and it seemed pretty light.

Yes sad, CCW is export only and thats why I can get it illegally but can't get proper paperwork for it. My wife wants to buy the Aprilia CR150 Cafe bike. I might have a few small Aprilia's in the garage soon.

I don't think Puzey or CCW trust having the model sold in China. Does anyone really? I read an article the other day where KTM is having trouble with CFmoto already.

9. #19 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Yeah, specs say 126kg for the ADV aprilia and if you chose the ugly one with beak its 120kg. CB190X is 148kg, quite a big difference.

10. #20 Re: 2017 CCW FXR125 The street legal version 
    Interesting, though I am not looking at the ADV aprilia but I am looking at the Enduro. A new 150cc enduro replacing the 125cc. I can't find specifications on it anywhere. However it is supposed to show up at the dealer tomorrow (hopefully). Feels like I have been waiting forever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast