Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Don't tell Obama... 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Thanks to those enterprising and good-humoured Swiss, we now have a dual sport alternative to those polluting bikes of ours.
    For a mere 9566 euros (12,698.37 USD) you can have this electric bike with a range of about 30 mins running and a recharge time of 2 hours...the power output is a respectable 11 HP.

The publicity shots show the bike in the great outdoor...how do you recharge it there?. It's made by an outfit called Quantya Telemetric

Lots more pictures here, including a close up view of the transmission. This is all-exposed to the elements and should last about an hour...

http://www.arpem.com/motos/modelos/q...-1-strada.html

Here's this intrepid Swiss chap, looking all windswept and interesting...all dressed-up and nowhere to go...

Last edited by forchetto; 05-03-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

2. #2 Solar suit 
    Master of Thump
    Well forchetto , as soon as the Swiss Cheezers design a Solar Suit that will charge the bike in the rain too while riding the bike , then they gotta winner .
    I wonder if it has Hi-Fi Sterio so it sounds like a Moto ?
    Half hour run time ? It takes me that long to tune my bike after I start it , let it warm up right , grap a smoke , put my ride gear on . Well at least I can take a 2 hour break after that . Am I supposed to plug this thing in , in my ass ? Does it run on an extension cord too , may work well for a minute on my track till I run out of cord ?
    $12,000 USD ? That's four good China bikes right there without Solar Suits ?
    They must smoke good dope there ? Or real bad dope ? I like the looks of the belt drive primary , ought to crush rocks well , at least the first one But the most important thing I want to know is can it pop a wheelie :

Cheers, Snortin

PS...........They really ought have put a nice black and white milk cow in the backround picture to match the ride gear.

Maybe they can recharge it by pushing it backwards....

KTM are about to release there first electric bike soon.First impressions of the bike say it ain't to bad but it needs some work.

There is a electric drag bike in the USA was doing 8 seconds down the quarter mile two or three years ago must be doing under 8 seconds now.

I think electric motorcycles could be the way of the future.

Plenty of electric bikes in China seem to be going OK.

I have a zero emission off-road bike! It's called a mountain bike!
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    The inventive British have come up with a methane powered version. The low budget means that development is a bit slow...

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

7. #7 Looks like Culcune to me 
    Master of Thump
    Looks like Culcune
    Always talkin out his ass anwyay
    Gives a whole new meaning to his new Honda ASS-NOT ?

Snortin Norton

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Snortin Norton View Post
    I wonder if it has Hi-Fi Sterio so it sounds like a Moto ?
    Don't you remember how we did it as kids? Use a clothes pin and a card from a deck of cards to get that 'real moto sound'! Did it to my sons bike a few weeks ago and he thinks it is the coolest thing.

9. #9 Tank 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_rider View Post
    Don't you remember how we did it as kids? Use a clothes pin and a card from a deck of cards to get that 'real moto sound'! Did it to my sons bike a few weeks ago and he thinks it is the coolest thing.
    -------------

Not only does he think its cool , but I am going to lay money that we all still think its cool now too

Snortin

C-Moto Senior
    I swear that's how I am going to die. Run over by an electric bike here in China. They are silent, and ridden by the most brain dead morons on the planet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast