Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for some suggestions on what motorcycle to buy. I have done a lot of research, but still have some questions and was trying to figure out what's the best option.

My preference: Honda CRF250L, lightly used // A Yamaha YBR250 sounds like it would be great, but I need snow and off-road capable bike

What I am looking for in a bike:

1. Decent off-road capabilities (I will be moving to far west China, probably some place in northern Xinjiang, it snows a lot - I plan to ride in winter + weekend adventures)
2. Carry a familiy of 4 - 2 adults, 2 small children (Honda CRF250L does this no problem)
3. Decently reliable (Obviously I prefer Japanese, but I've heard many of them like the CRF are not legit bikes, thoughts?)
4. Price Range: No more than $ 4,000 USD, preferrably around $ 3,000.
5. At least 250cc

Uses for the bike:

1. driving around town as a family
2. some short trips as a family to the nearby mountains (think maybe 1-2 hours driving in the mountains)
3. some adventure riding solo / off-road -- I would go as far as the bike would take me within reason
4. driving in the snow (year-round purchase)

I've looked at the following bikes:

Honda CRF250L
Yamaha YBR 250
Shineray X5
Shineray X2

I really want a Honda CRF250L, I just want a completely legit bike, nothing sketchy.

Any thoughts?

I'm not a mechanic, but I can read and tinker.

Thanks, I appreciate any advice or personal experience as it's hard to really get good answers and options while still in the U.S.